News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chasm Reverb and a Yawning Dog

Started by mmlee, August 06, 2014, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmlee

Just finished these two up. Really glad I got a PCB off dead astro at diysb rather than all that wiring, thought I'd give a reverse etch a go too.  This thing sounds so great.

The Yawning Dog is for a mate of mine who's in a band called Yawning Dog, it was his birthday last week.... It's a violet rams head muff with mid pot, I used 50k for the mid control but am thinking I want something more extreme, its very subtle, suggestions? Also, thanks to Brian for the pif PCB!

Cheers,
Marcus
>Marcus

selfdestroyer

That is a great looking reverse etch. I like the design a lot, your font choice is perfect for the design.

Cody

mgwhit

For a real Mids control in that Mudbunny circuit you need to modify a few more components in addition to adding the pot.  Here's a thread from a few years back where a few of us discussed this.

Your etches look super cool, btw.

TGP39

Wow. I love the reversed etch. That looks very professional. Really great builds inside an out.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

mmlee

Quote from: mgwhit on August 06, 2014, 06:45:53 PM
For a real Mids control in that Mudbunny circuit you need to modify a few more components in addition to adding the pot.  Here's a thread from a few years back where a few of us discussed this.

Your etches look super cool, btw.

Thanks very much, I've had a play around with the treble side values and it's pretty much where I want. 

Cheers for the comments too people, pretty happy with how they've turned out, just a shame I mis-drilled the LED hole on the reverb, and it etched a little too much on where it's suppose to say 'instrument'.  Also, glad you liked the font choice, Cody, I always spend aaaaaages going through my font list on Photoshop and searching for new fonts online.
>Marcus

bcalla

wgc

Somewhere, a typographer is smiling.

These look great!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

Super looking. How does the reverb sound, those are some crazy controls!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

They both look great, but the reverse etch is really nice! I dig it big time.

lincolnic

bcalla