News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NRNIBPD!

Started by GrindCustoms, August 11, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

New Russian New In Box Phaser Day! ;D

On one of those procrastinating evening couple weeks (months) where all i do is lurk on eBay for vintage pedals, i was hunting anything «vintage EHX» and trying to find a nice deal.

Then a little PopUp appeared showing a NOS NIB Factory Sealed Sovtek SmallStone... it grabbed my attention immediatly.... i have a certain whoreness for phasers.

Seller was located in UK and the shipping cost to CAN was outrageous so i asked my good buddy Juan if he could order it for me and ship me it back with other stuff that i needed from the land 'o Fog... And it was bought.

Cleggy took reception of it, when it came in it was factory sealed... but it would have been blasphemy to not let him try it! hehe... So lucky him! He had the chance to inhale the almost 40years old air puff that was in that box...haha, still envious of that in fact... i do like everything from this old stuff. My disease is chronic and severe.

Picked up couple hours ago at the post office, gave it a little play and it sounds fantastic, if Scruffie or Haberdasher or reading this... you guys did a killer job on the SpaceHarp because it's pretty much dead on! 8)

Pics!

Coolest Footswitch and Toggle i ever actuated!

This thing is built like a tank... ...probably made with tank parts that is...lol

There's a whole chassis inside of that thing. Funky.

Holy OTA!

Now time to put it back together.

Cheers

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

In mother Russia, super clean phaser plays you.

That is like a gem found on the war field. Great find.

Cody

alanp

Mate of mine has one of those, but WAY more crappy looking! Sounds the money, though. Those old Russian EHX phasers sound great.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Sounds very good indeed, there's the little volume drop but it's not something that bothers me very much. With the color switch down, it's a very nice phaser.

I probably have paid less than a booteek Phase90 clone. ;)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

I will always love the look of those Sovtek pedals. Those knobs and switches are just too good.

Scruffie

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 11, 2014, 06:10:36 PM
if Scruffie or Haberdasher or reading this... you guys did a killer job on the SpaceHarp because it's pretty much dead on! 8)
Of course I am, I could smell EHX ;D

Actually, this is more like the V2 small stone than the V1 we did but it's cool to know it stacks up well!

I had one of these for a little while... should never have gotten rid of it, was the nicest sounding small stone i've heard, but that is a stunning example, although probably about 24 years old rather than 40, still!
Works at Lectric-FX

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Scruffie on August 11, 2014, 11:52:02 PM
if Scruffie or Haberdasher or reading this... you guys did a killer job on the SpaceHarp because it's pretty much dead on! 8)

Actually, this is more like the V2 small stone than the V1 we did but it's cool to know it stacks up well!

I had one of these for a little while... should never have gotten rid of it, was the nicest sounding small stone i've heard, but that is a stunning example, although probably about 24 years old rather than 40, still!

Really not sure of what i'm saying here, but if i recall well, the seller was advertising it as a '78. That might be wrong too.

My collection of phaser is not complete (it will never be i guess, unless i own a Bi-Phase) but it covers a wide array of what have been produced back in the days and that is still the bases of what is actually produce and that is what i like about this whoarding.

I have one unit that is in freakin' pristine condition but still not working properly, Ross with the P-Channel JFET array, once that one is rocking the phase shifting i'll probably make a big clip of all of them.

Time to move onto another addiction... Filters and Comps! ;D

Scruffie

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 12, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on August 11, 2014, 11:52:02 PM

Really not sure of what i'm saying here, but if i recall well, the seller was advertising it as a '78. That might be wrong too.

My collection of phaser is not complete (it will never be i guess, unless i own a Bi-Phase) but it covers a wide array of what have been produced back in the days and that is still the bases of what is actually produce and that is what i like about this whoarding.

I have one unit that is in freakin' pristine condition but still not working properly, Ross with the P-Channel JFET array, once that one is rocking the phase shifting i'll probably make a big clip of all of them.

Time to move onto another addiction... Filters and Comps! ;D
Then they lied, EHX didn't begin production under the Sovtek name and in Russia until about 1990.

Post some debugging info on that ROSS!
Works at Lectric-FX

GrindCustoms

AH! :o

Good to know then, when people come over an ask, i'll give the right info at least, thanks :)

A Tech help thread for the Ross would indeed be needed, i've spent quite a good load of money on replacement IC in case that it was the problem. That's the day i realised that MN3005 & SAD1024 where «cheap buys».

juansolo

All I can say is that is a HELL of a lot better made/constructed than my made in the US Small Clone was! Substantial piece of kit. The postage on that was quite impressive ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Scruffie

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 12, 2014, 12:54:43 AM
A Tech help thread for the Ross would indeed be needed, i've spent quite a good load of money on replacement IC in case that it was the problem. That's the day i realised that MN3005 & SAD1024 where «cheap buys».
:o You actually found one of those FET-Arrays? How much did that end up setting you back? And why not just use 4-FETs!  :o
Works at Lectric-FX

marauder

The auction never mentioned how old it was.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on August 12, 2014, 04:35:36 AM
All I can say is that is a HELL of a lot better made/constructed than my made in the US Small Clone was! Substantial piece of kit. The postage on that was quite impressive ;)

Agreed, the postage was'nt cheap, but with the other goodies in the box... it still was a saving for me! :D

And gave the opportunity for you and Cleggy to compare your SmallStone builts. ;)

Quote from: Scruffie on August 12, 2014, 04:40:51 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 12, 2014, 12:54:43 AM
:o You actually found one of those FET-Arrays? How much did that end up setting you back? And why not just use 4-FETs!  :o

Yeah, i found 2 of them. Simply wanted to have it full original condition, it looks like it came out of the factory with the box and everything, it derserved it.

Quote from: marauder on August 12, 2014, 06:52:06 AM
The auction never mentioned how old it was.

That must another one then! Really need to «catalog» all off them so i have the right information about all of them.