Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pharaoh Fuzz

Started by Hexjibber, August 13, 2014, 01:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

That is just badass.  Great work.

bcalla

I've seen so many amazing etches on this site, but that one is just stunning!

Hexjibber

Thanks for all the kind words guys, much appreciated!  :D

flanagan0718

This makes me want to both quit and continue building. AMAZING etch! If it sounds as good as it looks then you have one awesome pedal on your hands!

wgc

Quote from: alanp on August 13, 2014, 02:00:31 AM
It's not just the etch, it's the photoshoppery chops to get the image in the first place. On ya.

Truer words were never spoke.  This is awesome.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

I just posted about this at DIYSB, but I gotta say it here, too ...
Daaamn! What a masterpiece. Amazing work!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Droogie

Truly exceptional build! Kudos!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

panchokunstmann

Really, is a masterpiece!!!

Amazing

Leevibe

Astounded. Astonished. Amazed.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

micromegas

I just ordered some caustic soda without aluminium covering, now I only have to find a place where I can print the designs I've already made. If I get something as clean as this etch I'll definitely move from FeCl to NaOH
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

m-Kresol

This is a real beauty. And this etch really justifies the bigger box. amazing work

Quote from: micromegas on August 13, 2014, 10:54:23 AM
I just ordered some caustic soda without aluminium covering, now I only have to find a place where I can print the designs I've already made. If I get something as clean as this etch I'll definitely move from FeCl to NaOH

I just have to ask, what do you mean by "aluminum covering"? How is that supposed to work (NaOH dissolves Aluminum)? Are you buying it as a solution or as solid pellets? I can only recommend to get it at your local pharmacy or hardware store in solid form. That way you can adjust the concentration and therefore the etching time/etching speed, etc.
And just a head's up, it won't work on copper pcbs, but will work quite good on aluminum as long as you sand it first to get rid of the rather thick oxide layer.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

deafbutpicky

Hexjibber, the beauty of doom, you nailed it with this.

micromegas

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 13, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

I just have to ask, what do you mean by "aluminum covering"? How is that supposed to work (NaOH dissolves Aluminum)?

The product is STEX by Griffon, and the info says: "Aluminium-coated beads for unblocking drains." don't know exactly how it works though
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

catfud