News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bonus on buying a few boards ?

Started by Ang3lus, April 27, 2011, 07:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang3lus

Hey Brian,

how about putting up a system where you buy a few boards you get one for free ?
or that's out of the question ?

might boost business a little bit, and be easier to convince the wife to buy stuff :)

jimmybjj

I'm not trying to sound rude but if I am I appologize in advance. I think what Brian charges is more than fair and honestly cheaper than other competing products despite being on par or even better. Brian provides ALOT of free content to the diy community and goes out of his way to help others. I can and often do etch my own boards, but if Brian offers a board I am interested I will purchase and support him.
Pcbs no longer available

sprayfe

yeah, I can't imagine the hours spent on JUST the research that goes into a single board, then he makes it available to etch for free.  I etch some, but it's a biotch, and I still purchase tons from Brian. He's kinda the man :)

junkemail86

Brian has also been known to surprise you with some freebies occasionally.  I've received some mojo caps and opamps in my board packages in the past.

jimmybjj

Quote from: junkemail86 on April 27, 2011, 10:10:03 PM
Brian has also been known to surprise you with some freebies occasionally.  I've received some mojo caps and opamps in my board packages in the past.

Ditto, I received a "bonus" once.
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

There have been a few giveaways---the Road Rages in December with every order. Last month I did some components with all Sunking orders. The thing about having a special bonus PCB is that not everyone will necessarily want it which would be wasteful. And, no doubt I would forget who I've sent one to! But, perhaps a different kind of "utility" PCB could be done.

I'm for giveaways from time to time. It's fun for me, actually! Given that there have been zero of the new stickers ordered as of yet, they may well start ending up in a lot of envelopes!!

jimmybjj

Quote from: madbean on April 27, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
There have been a few giveaways---the Road Rages in December with every order. Last month I did some components with all Sunking orders. The thing about having a special bonus PCB is that not everyone will necessarily want it which would be wasteful. And, no doubt I would forget who I've sent one to! But, perhaps a different kind of "utility" PCB could be done.

I'm for giveaways from time to time. It's fun for me, actually! Given that there have been zero of the new stickers ordered as of yet, they may well start ending up in a lot of envelopes!!

I just haven't got around to ordering my new boards. just finished my rat so I will be ordering soon. I will be ordering a couple of stickers :)
Pcbs no longer available

joer0952

The only pcb I could think of that would make sense, that everyone could use is a  3pdt true bypass board.  But, I agree with junkemail86, I received a bonus once

redbean

Thank you very very much fo' da lagniappe board you sent me, Brian. I really appreciate it.

Not only is this considered good business practice here in New Orleans, a tradition, but it brought me a lot of joy, like gettin' another new toy! ... Yeah you rite! ;D

es là-bas!!

jtn191

Quote from: jimmybjj on April 27, 2011, 08:08:49 PM
I'm not trying to sound rude but if I am I appologize in advance. I think what Brian charges is more than fair and honestly cheaper than other competing products despite being on par or even better. Brian provides ALOT of free content to the diy community and goes out of his way to help others. I can and often do etch my own boards, but if Brian offers a board I am interested I will purchase and support him.

this. It's not until you browse some other pcb stores that you realize the good deal you're getting. yeah it might be cool if there's specials or whatever a la GGG...but as it is, there's plenty cool stuff happening every so often...I hopped on board when that Sunking bonus was up--no finer time to dive in  ;D

cjkbug

I tend to order a bunch of projects at a time. and more often than not I have received extra bonus boards. I ALWAYS make sure to imediately send a thank you e-mail to him. brian works his ass off for all of us. and I would never expect anything for free. but I certainly appreciate the exrtas he has provided. I personally would forgo any freebies in lieu of brians sanity.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

At first I was totally hoping there would be a spend $50 get 1 board free like guitarpcb was doing. But honestly I believe Brian has his boards priced very correctly. Now bonus are always fun. A good universal project would be something like tim escobedo's utility boost. Thats a little project I've been interested in that could be included in order over $50 or something like that  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Quote from: Ang3lus on April 27, 2011, 07:53:18 PM
Hey Brian,

how about putting up a system where you buy a few boards you get one for free ?
or that's out of the question ?

might boost business a little bit, and be easier to convince the wife to buy stuff :)

Heehee... can't help but laugh a little bit about the 'boost in business' - Brian's overwhelmed as far as I know!

Quote from: joer0952 on April 28, 2011, 12:17:37 AM
The only pcb I could think of that would make sense, that everyone could use is a  3pdt true bypass board. 

Not I... I can't stand those things.

Brian's doing a great job, and I encourage anyone interested in 'free' stuff to participate here at the forums, good things happen to those who hang out here!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

thetrend77

Quote from: redbean on April 28, 2011, 12:26:58 AM

Thank you very very much fo' da lagniappe board you sent me, Brian. I really appreciate it.

Not only is this considered good business practice here in New Orleans, a tradition, but it brought me a lot of joy, like gettin' another new toy! ... Yeah you rite! ;D

Off topic: A fellow cajun!! Awesome!!

Back on topic: The only thing I could think of would be the 3PDT boards, but someone mentioned that already so I'm gonna step out now :P

petesz

Im planning on getting some stickers in my next order!
Its just that Ive got about 8 or so boards to get through first..
I received a free road rage with my first ever order and i still havn't used it. Might come in handy sometime though..
And i think the boards here are really well priced and great quality, + the excellent documentation, free advice/wiring guides etc i dont expect anything more for free!