News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring

Started by madbean, August 16, 2014, 08:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here's the completed Moodring build. I am really happy with the effect. I am less happy with sanding off the edges of the artwork and not being more careful with where I put the jacks. But, it fits and it works...so good enough for DIY.

I did wire this one up as non-true-bypass. Switching the reverb on and off is completely silent and the reverb decays over the clean signal when turned off. Just what I wanted. One thing I did not think all the way through is that in NTB wiring, the dry kill..uhh...kills your signal completely! This just means you cannot use the dry kill on the fly. Not an issue with true bypass wiring though. Maybe I can think of a solution for that using a DPDT with the dry kill. I'll see.

gtr2

Looks amazing!!!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

brejna

This one deserves video clip :D

TGP39

Love it. Want it. Got to got to have it!
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Alaboogie

Must. Have. Soundclips.  :P

lars

+2 for the soundclip! I especially want to hear the "reverb decays over the clean signal when turned off." One thing I've found that's kind of funny is that 3P3T switches have gotten so cheap and common these days, we use them even when we don't need to. I have a couple builds the same way :)
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jubal81

Sleek & classy. Sweetness.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

I'll do a video demo on Monday. I think I figured out the dry kill issue, too. Just need to wire the switch in parallel to the 3pdt so it shorts on bypass. Woohoo!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

damn, that looks like another must-build to add to the list. looking forward to the demo.
Once again, excellent job Brian! I hope you know how much we all appreciate your efforts for the DIY community.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mmlee

Ah man, I want this so bad.
>Marcus

Leevibe

alanp

Quote from: madbean on August 16, 2014, 08:53:15 AM
I did wire this one up as non-true-bypass. Switching the reverb on and off is completely silent and the reverb decays over the clean signal when turned off. Just what I wanted. One thing I did not think all the way through is that in NTB wiring, the dry kill..uhh...kills your signal completely! This just means you cannot use the dry kill on the fly. Not an issue with true bypass wiring though. Maybe I can think of a solution for that using a DPDT with the dry kill. I'll see.

Parallel the dry kill switch with the unused pole on the stomp -- so that when the pedal is in Bypass, the stomp also connects the previously open Dry Kill.

Killer build :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects