News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anything similar to this DIY eqd tone job pedal

Started by LaceSensor, September 08, 2013, 08:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kothoma

Quote from: raulduke on September 09, 2013, 01:49:15 PM
I am also working on the V2 of the Tonmeister, which will feature adjustable mid frequency (makes it a lot more usefull IMO).

Any news on the new Tonmeister?

raulduke

I'm still getting round to building the PCB up unfortunately.

Sorry for the delay. Not much building time at the moment!

kothoma

Thanks for the update. No need for apologies, take your time.

kothoma

Quote from: raulduke on September 10, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: kothoma on September 10, 2013, 11:47:28 AM
Interesting, so your Wien bridge bandpass filter doesn't need a dual pot for the frequency?

No it uses a single gang pot which makes things much easier.

Hm. I'm still trying to get my head around this.  :-[

An active Wien bridge bandpass has a R-C pair in series at the negative input and a R|C pair in parallel in the feedback loop, right?
And the center frequency is calculated by the usual 1/2piRC. Aren't both Rs (and Cs) supposed to have the same value? So wouldn't I need a dual pot?

What am I missing? Pardon my ignorance  :-[

m-Kresol

You spent a long time thinking!
Joking aside, I'm also very interested on the tonmeister. I was supposed to get a pcb, which I never received and am waiting for the V2. Any updates?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

atreidesheir

I still remember this v2 in my nightly prayers.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

raulduke

A pcb of me when I first sold them?

I don't remember selling you one, but if I did and it didn't get to you please let me know.

Still not got round to building v2, but it is getting to the top of the pile.

kothoma

Quote from: kothoma on August 18, 2014, 02:51:31 PM
Quote from: raulduke on September 10, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: kothoma on September 10, 2013, 11:47:28 AM
Interesting, so your Wien bridge bandpass filter doesn't need a dual pot for the frequency?

No it uses a single gang pot which makes things much easier.

Hm. I'm still trying to get my head around this.  :-[

An active Wien bridge bandpass has a R-C pair in series at the negative input and a R|C pair in parallel in the feedback loop, right?
And the center frequency is calculated by the usual 1/2piRC. Aren't both Rs (and Cs) supposed to have the same value? [...]

Finally, yeah, of course, I think I got it! It's really simple if one looks at the more general formulas. 8)

And you could similarly use a multiple feedback bandpass filter with a single pot instead, I think. :)

m-Kresol

Quote from: raulduke on August 19, 2014, 12:21:53 AM
A pcb of me when I first sold them?

I don't remember selling you one, but if I did and it didn't get to you please let me know.

Still not got round to building v2, but it is getting to the top of the pile.
No, you never sold me one. I only started building last autumn. I (and some others I know of) where supposed to get parts from ColesBD, one was the toneister V1 pcb. I never saw neither my parts, nor my money. I think the others didn't either. :-\
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials