News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple Brits

Started by G.G., August 18, 2014, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hey Gang,
Here are a couple British-flavored circuits I finished up recently. The first is a Marvel Drive using the layout from Guitar FX. There are great Plexi sounds to be had all over the place with this one, very flexible design. For some reason the long format layout really derailed my attempts to organize the offboard stuff. Zip-tie holds the spaghetti a little tighter at least.

This is a Bluesbreaker version using one of Rutger Ockhorst's Atomic Blue Overdrive boards. I'm really glad to have been introduced to this circuit. It sounds excellent and I'm looking forward to trying out all the other variations now that I've been made aware of it. The paint is not exactly gold, but looked more gold to me than the actual Rustoleum gold at Home Depot. :-/

jubal81

Wow. Those are outstanding!
I build the Marvel vero and it's a very nice circuit. A bit different from the PlexiDr, but I liked it about as much.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lincolnic

I really like the finishes on these pedals. Hammertone is always nice, and the white stripe around the Gold Top is classy.

wgc

These are great!  Have not heard about the od circuit...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jprizz

Very cool finish on the Plexi. And I see what you did there with the Gold Top.

bcalla

Wow.  I was going to say that I like the finish on the plexi better, then I took another look.  Now I can't make the call - they're both stunning.

G.G.

Thanks guys! The Plexi is a PPP box I had been saving. I haven't ordered from them in a while because the shipping has gone up so much, so I figured since this might be the last one for a while I should use it on a circuit I like a lot. Anyway, both circuits are worth looking into if you haven't yet.

pickdropper

Those look really nice.  I really like the crackle finish in the first one.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

29palms

G.G.

thanks again guys, it's the PPP Cookies & Cream. I like that it's an interesting texture but not so noisy that it obscures the control labels. And it still looks ok with a coat of clear over it.

Leevibe

Those are both such beautiful, tasteful builds man. If that's spaghetti, your "neat" wiring must be truly phenomenal.

G.G.

Quote from: Leevibe on August 20, 2014, 05:01:28 PM
Those are both such beautiful, tasteful builds man. If that's spaghetti, your "neat" wiring must be truly phenomenal.
hahaha! I have never done neat wiring but the zip ties help reign in the chaos. Now, if I could figure out a way to hide melted wire insulation. . . .  :-D