News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New supplier. What say you?

Started by jimilee, April 24, 2014, 01:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGP39

Hi all. Wanted to share my experience with MKlec.  Ordered caps, diodes and some IC's.  Received everything in 4 days (I'm in Florida) and that includes Memorial Day!  Prices are fantastic (glass 1N34A DO-7 for 30 cents) and everything is clearly labeled and legit.  May want to invest in anti static bags for the IC's, but in Florida, static isn't a problem. Overall, I am surprised and very pleased with my purchase.   I would definitely give this place a try.  Oh ya, shipping was $2.50 for a $35 order.  :).
Steve. (Not Small Bear Steve. Lol).
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Justus

Wow, I just placed an order with mklec on Thursday afternoon, July 3.  I got my Paypal email confirming my order, and an email confirming the shipment of my order within an hour.  Then the parts were in my mailbox today, July 5, sent via USPS First Class (cheapest shipping option) from MS to IL.  I didn't order a ton, and didn't need super fast shipping, but man did I get that delivered anyway!  Parts are neatly packed, clearly labeled.  So far so good!

Thanks mklec!

Justus

Revisiting this...  you know what I'd really like to see from mklec?  An ability to add things to the shopping cart and have them stay there (via internet cookies) until the cart is purchased or cleared.  I like to create a large list of parts that I need to acquire, and then start adding them one-by-one via various suppliers.  Then, when I've got it all done, purchase as one lot.  Sometimes this takes more than one session at the computer, and the mklec store doesn't save your shopping cart like most other suppliers.

Just an idea for a small improvement!   ;)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Justus on August 22, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
Revisiting this...  you know what I'd really like to see from mklec?  An ability to add things to the shopping cart and have them stay there (via internet cookies) until the cart is purchased or cleared.  I like to create a large list of parts that I need to acquire, and then start adding them one-by-one via various suppliers.  Then, when I've got it all done, purchase as one lot.  Sometimes this takes more than one session at the computer, and the mklec store doesn't save your shopping cart like most other suppliers.

Just an idea for a small improvement!   ;)

Problem I see with this is they do not have a huge amount of stock. So if they have 200 1uF caps and I put 100 in my cart and someone else comes up and buys 150 of them then my count will be off when I come back to my cart. I like how Tayda will keep my cart valid for a few days but I would be bummed if I came back and checked out and half my items were no longer available. lol

Cody

flanagan0718

I had that happen and ended up ordering from another supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jopn

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 22, 2014, 03:54:02 PM
Problem I see with this is they do not have a huge amount of stock. So if they have 200 1uF caps and I put 100 in my cart and someone else comes up and buys 150 of them then my count will be off when I come back to my cart. I like how Tayda will keep my cart valid for a few days but I would be bummed if I came back and checked out and half my items were no longer available. lol

Cody

Then possibly a wish list set up like Tayda.  When you try to move things from your wishlist to your cart it can run the stock verification check and fire off any out of stock notices to the user.  I often keep a wishlist running for months on Tayda, as I build things I realize I'm running low on something so I add it to the list.  When I've got enough things to make the shipping worthwhile I pull the trigger.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Jopn on August 22, 2014, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 22, 2014, 03:54:02 PM

Cody

Then possibly a wish list set up like Tayda.  When you try to move things from your wishlist to your cart it can run the stock verification check and fire off any out of stock notices to the user.  I often keep a wishlist running for months on Tayda, as I build things I realize I'm running low on something so I add it to the list.  When I've got enough things to make the shipping worthwhile I pull the trigger.

Now thats a great idea. You should toss David & Amanda an email about it, they are good people and would appreciate the feedback i'm sure.

Cody

Cody

Justus

Wishlist = super good idea.  I do the same thing with the "put it on a list and then pull the trigger later" thing.  I like to make one big order, not several small orders.  So, yeah, that would work like a charm.

mklec

Hey Justus,
Thanks for the suggestion!  This feature has been added.  It should keep your cart for up to 90 days now.  There was already a wishlist feature as well.  I was unaware the cart cleared out after a short amount of time until I stumbled across this post and saw the discussion, so I went ahead and quickly added it.
And as Cody suggested, shoot us an email with such suggestions.  Our goal is to serve you and if we don't know how we're not achieving this, we can't fix it.

Anyways, I appreciate the feedback and the business you all have brought us.
Quality electronic component parts at great low prices.  http://mklec.com

Justus

Awesome!  As I turned my computer on this morning I thought "I need to make that order now... but first let's browse Madbean!"  lol

Now here's a suggestion for this forum: add mklec.com to the supplier links at the top!

flanagan0718

Quote from: Justus on August 28, 2014, 01:32:59 PM
Awesome!  As I turned my computer on this morning I thought "I need to make that order now... but first let's browse Madbean!"  lol

Now here's a suggestion for this forum: add mklec.com to the supplier links at the top!

+1

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on August 28, 2014, 03:26:43 PM
Quote from: Justus on August 28, 2014, 01:32:59 PM

+1
+1 (like it's up for a vote or something) 8-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Beedoola

Always pleased to have a line on another US supplier. I'll have to find some things to build and make an order!

Props to David from mklec for responding and working with folks.

Justus

Quote from: Beedoola on August 28, 2014, 11:54:38 PMProps to David from mklec for responding and working with folks.

Yes, exactly!  That really speaks volumes.  By the way, I placed my order this morning and it was shipped and I had a tracking number emailed to me within a few hours.  People can get used to that kind of turnaround time, haha!  I'm expecting nothing short of another extremely quick and satisfactory order.

selfdestroyer

I have made a couple orders with them and I have been nothing but happy with the whole experience. It looks like they are adding stuff monthly also. Growing is good.

Cody