News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Projects...MIA??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, August 20, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Its been a while since I visited the Projects page but I just noticed that all of the new... "perspective" projects are GONE.  :o

Are they still in the works? The Attack Decay was one of them..... Why were they removed?  :'(

EDIT: OK... there are a few there but a lot are gone.

Govmnt_Lacky

Bueller??

What other projects, besides the Attack Decay, have gone missing?

midwayfair

He deleted them a while ago. I imagine he got tired of people asking when the new stuff was coming out and decided to stick to stuff that was imminent. :)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on August 25, 2014, 07:16:07 AM
He deleted them a while ago. I imagine he got tired of people asking when the new stuff was coming out and decided to stick to stuff that was imminent. :)

Ahhhh. I see said the blind man.

Surprising though... seeing as the Attack Decay was the 1 project that seemed to garner the most attention  ??? Maybe Brian was never able to work out all of the bugs  :'(

m-Kresol

I think he took the "upcoming projects" down, when he slightly redesigned the homepage. As Jon said, now there are only the projects that are to be released shortly or that are out of stock.
Nevertheless, I second that the Attack Decay would be the most awesome thing to happen. As I'm totally into post-rock and ambient, that would fit nicely and it would be a killer project for sure. Hope it's gonna happen at some time.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on August 25, 2014, 07:16:07 AM

Mostly this. Not so much tired of people asking as much as feeling frustrated that things are not moving as quickly as I would like (as well as everyone else).

Not to worry: the Attack Decay will be here for the fall, one way or another.

m-Kresol

I just wanted to say this: no hurries with the attack decay. While a lot of people might be waiting for it, there's a bunch of other great projects around here to pass the time with and I guess we all rather have the best project possible and wait a few more weeks.
Anyhow, it will be great in every way when you'll release it. And that's a guarantee!

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

madbean

These are the projects I am trying to finish Oct-Dec:

Attack Decay
Polyphase
Frequency Analyzer
One sub-mini amp
One sub-mini OD
Dig Dig2
Mandroid (crazy little thing it is)
Rabbit Punch (ABY)
Man O War (analog delay)
Peacekeeper
Bombtrack (OC-2)
Cave Troll (tap tempo delay)
Quadrovibe 2

A big list, but every single one is already in the process of prototyping and debugging. Four per month should be doable.

GermanCdn

That is a crazy list man.  Though I am most looking forward to the Rabbit punch, as I need a good ABY box.  Picked up a used Blackcat AB100 for $20, let's just say the enclosure and jacks are probably worth the price, but otherwise it's a complete POS.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Lol, Brian's "Oct-Dec 2014" list is larger than my entire circuit output.

m-Kresol

Hells yeah! This is going to be a fun autumn for sure, and an expensive one... There's a whole bunch of those to go onto the things-to-build list
Thanks a ton Brian!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Quote from: jimilee on August 25, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
Do you do financing? :-D
I know a guy.  You may not be happy with his terms...

pickdropper

Quote from: bcalla on August 25, 2014, 02:10:27 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 25, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
Do you do financing? :-D
I know a guy.  You may not be happy with his terms...

Ah, the irony of having of bunch of new guitar pedals and two broken legs.

It's kind of like a one person version of "Gift of the Magi" except without any gifts and more soldering and lone sharks.  On second thought, it's nothing like Gift of the Magi.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

I like to think it's like ice skating without the ice or skates.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.