News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delux 60 vero

Started by SlaveUnit, August 21, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlaveUnit

This one is special to me.  My son turned 3 a bit over a month ago (July 11th).  His handwriting has been improving fairly rapidly.  So I thought why not have him do the labels for this one.  So a couple of days after his birthday I asked him to write "VOL" and "DELUX 60" on his chalkboard.  I then took a picture of it and here we go.  The LED is red because I asked him what his favorite color was...he said red.  This was my second veroboard build.

Gave me an excuse to try out the clear washer too.  :)

lars

What a unique idea for your pedal graphics. It's amazing what people continue to come up with on this site. Great job!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Leevibe

Man that is cool in every way. Thanks for sharing that. Is it an LPB1 circuit?

SlaveUnit

Thanks!  It's a Lovepedal Delux 60.  I'm not sure how similar it is to an LPB1.

blearyeyes

Sweet idea... My kids have beards and girlfriends and stuff.... miss the sweet baby days but not the work fer sure!

wgc

Very cool!  At first glance I thought it was chalkboard paint, like you can get for your walls
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

selfdestroyer

My wife said one time at Osh Hardware while looking at paint with me, "You should paint it with the chalkboard paint" and I was like "babe, your so crazy"... I hate to say it, it came out awesome. She will never find out about this! haha

one thing though, The thought of touching the calkboard makes my skin crawl

Well executed.

Cody

muddyfox

Woah! 

First of all, great idea! I always wondered if I could ever come up with stuff like this if the right side of my brain wasn't completely and utterly atrophied.

Second of all,  :o :o :o ?
A kid who just turned three wrote this? Is my part of the world really that far behind the curve? My older one just turned six and only recently has she managed to turn "N"s and "S"s and "J"s the proper way around. Thinking back to my own childhood, I don't think there's a single (anecdotal or otherwise) piece of record that showed I could write a single letter when I started first grade at the age of 7. And everyone was like that, too. You go to school, you learn your letters and numbers.
I do see a shift nowadays where children are able to write and read before first grade but THREE?!? Dang, dood! You did something very right there!  ;D

Third of all (and this is my personal nemesis), your label is on so precise that it just hurts my brain how straight it is! I can never pull this sort of stuff off...  ::)

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

SlaveUnit

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 21, 2014, 10:17:42 PM
My wife said one time at Osh Hardware while looking at paint with me, "You should paint it with the chalkboard paint" and I was like "babe, your so crazy"... I hate to say it, it came out awesome. She will never find out about this! haha

one thing though, The thought of touching the calkboard makes my skin crawl

Well executed.

Cody

Wait... So you did try the chalkboard paint?  Mine is just a laser waterside of a picture I took of my sons chalkboard.

SlaveUnit

Thanks muddyfox.   I hate to be that parent but yes he is pretty smart.   He has no problems with the alphabet, colors, shapes, numbers etc.   He's also very addicted to music.   He's obsessed with KISS,  Queen,  Twisted Sister and of course lots of kids songs.  This was him at 2 years old few months ago.   He has advanced quite a bit since this video.

http://youtu.be/W2DeCUqMegk

muddyfox

Daaaymn! Mine couldn't do that till she was five!
I'm hoping she's just a slow starter  ::)

Leevibe

Quote from: SlaveUnit on August 21, 2014, 07:45:39 PM
Thanks!  It's a Lovepedal Delux 60.  I'm not sure how similar it is to an LPB1.

face palm. So, is it obvious that I'm not in the "I totally get the lovepedal thing" crowd? It's less about me not liking lovepedal and more about me being clueless about them. Still, awesome build and your kiddo is cool.