News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Double Delay

Started by lars, August 22, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

This is one of those PCBs that sat around for a while, and I finally got the time to build it. This is a great "analog" delay. The slapback echo it can do is spot on for vintage tape sound. I did a couple mods to the circuit as per Juansolo's and Madbean's suggestions. Juansolo mentioned that a 50k log taper pot works better for the feedback control, and it does. I also swapped out R3 from 1M to 470k to eliminate the volume boost as per Madbean's suggestion. I went with a semi-gloss finish on this pedal, and I really like the way it turned out. I think I'm going to start using semi-gloss from now on, it's easier to work with. I would recommend this build to anybody that wants a great, simple analog-sound delay (if anybody here hasn't built one of these already).

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Leevibe

Love it! Cool choice on the knobs.

blearyeyes

Super clean and nice graphics.

Did you finish the entire enclosure or are you talking about using semi-gloss clear coat?

lars

I used semi-gloss white paint, and then finished the whole enclosure in semi-gloss clear over the graphics. I like it because the finish is much thinner, and dries faster. The clear coat dries in 8 minutes!

slimtriggers

That looks great!  How did you cut that center knob down? 

alanp

Oooh, very nice. I think this is the first report I've seen outside of Juan's Space Ritual.

Is the center knob one from Smallbear?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wgc

Great build!  Dualie on my to do list
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

lars

I cut down the center knob with a dremel tool, it was just too tall for my taste as per stock. It's one of the standard 1900H's from Tayda. If you bend out the splines on a typical knurled-shaft pot, they'll press right on after the mod.

bcalla

Well done, great looking pedal.

Cloverleaf

Looks absolutely spiffing :) I like what you did to the center-knob!

jkokura

I really like that font. It's easy to read, but still really complex. Nice build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

I like the graphic layout a lot.  It works very well and I like how you combined the two colors.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jprizz

Very classy looking pedal. Your color choices look great!

jimilee

That is great, I've had a board for sometime now, need to get on it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.