News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neon Kard Table (K.L.O.N.E)

Started by rullywowr, August 22, 2014, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Yup, another K.L.O.N.E.  1n270 diodes (um, these ARE essential), Neutrik Jacks, Panasonic ECQ-V caps.  TI Opamps.  Installed the 8n2 instead of the 3n9 cap in the toan section.  Powdercoated in neon pink and laser etched by me.  3mm flat top clear white LED. 

Layout is called..."Kard Table".  I am fairly satisfied with this layout, however going to do some tweaking to allow for even easier assembly...  tweak tweak tweak (lather, rinse, repeat)

The pics don't really capture just how blindingly bright this neon powder coat is but here we go:

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

juansolo

Full of Win.

Did you try swapping the toan (I blame Rej for the fact I spell it like that now) resistors and going with the 3n9 or do you prefer them the 'wrong' way with the 8n2?

I really should build one to compare/contrast but I find myself really not being arsed ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GermanCdn

Love the etch, but that colour is just way over the top.  Nice job Ben.  Think the next Klone I build I'll put the tone caps on a switch for shits and giggles.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

rullywowr

Quote from: juansolo on August 22, 2014, 03:24:37 PM
Full of Win.

Did you try swapping the toan (I blame Rej for the fact I spell it like that now) resistors and going with the 3n9 or do you prefer them the 'wrong' way with the 8n2?

I really should build one to compare/contrast but I find myself really not being arsed ;)

Thanks guys.  So, for my enlightenment which is the "correct" values for the Toan section?  I always thought the 8n2 was the correct value instead of the 3n9?  Hmm.

Here is the section from my schematic.

You are saying the R21 (100k) and the R20 (4k7) should be swapped?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Leevibe

Love the name and that etch looks uber perfect.

muddyfox

Exactly how much less manly does the fact that I love that color on the pedal makes me?  8)

Also, much love for the notations on the board and that etch is just so sharp! Great stuff, Ben!

juansolo

Quote from: rullywowr on August 22, 2014, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: juansolo on August 22, 2014, 03:24:37 PM
Full of Win.

Thanks guys.  So, for my enlightenment which is the "correct" values for the Toan section?  I always thought the 8n2 was the correct value instead of the 3n9?  Hmm.

Here is the section from my schematic.

You are saying the R21 (100k) and the R20 (4k7) should be swapped?

From the Klone science thread, R19 and R20 are the wrong way around. Those swapped with the 3n9 is allegedly the correct way of doing things. However leaving them be and fitting an 8n2 offers an alternative solution. I haven't tried it yet, so am only speaking from what I've read ( I've always fitted an 8n2, indeed I think we might have been responsible for that one ;) ).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Well now, that's just all kinds of cool.  8)

Although you might hear form a lawyer, since I'm pretty sure "These are essential" is trademarked under the 'Dickish snark' provision of the 1998 copyright protection act.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

I suspect this is a really nice build.  It looked really nice for the couple of seconds I saw it before the blinding pink enclosure burned out my retinas.

/ hopes there are no spelling errors in post.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bcalla

Looks great.  Funny, I'm building a pink pedal now for a singer I work with.  It is just a little intense.

Blues Healer

I love the graphics, Ben.

... and c'mon guys! If he called it "Pu$$y Pink", you'd be all over it! :D

I'm guessing that you got more than one board?
"music heals"

cooder

Are you trying to entice the teenage girlie market segment and pull them over the cardtable with this colour scheme?  ;)
Sweet build amd layout, Ben!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

That's kick add!! Every time I build a klone, somebody buys it up. I gotta build another one and not post it anywhere. I love the layout!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Board mounted pots in a 1590bb FTW.  Looks great.  Being color blind the pink doesn't offend me at all;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

A pink klon with a card table on it, what's not to love about that. Had me giggling. These boards going to be available at some point? Looks like a nice straight forward build. Also, that laser etching cable out spot on.. one day I will have one.. one day.

Cody