News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doppelgänger

Started by m-Kresol, August 26, 2014, 11:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kothoma

alanp

Me likey :) (but then I'm biased.) I really like the city-scape photo!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

Thanks guys, your comments and feedback are very much appreciated.
@blearyeyes: it's a decal sealed with envirotex epoxy resin

So, Cody asked for my drilling template, so I'll just as well post it here.
ATTENTION: I used a 1590XX enclosure. If you use a different enclosure, make sure that the relative positions of the drill positions stay the same, eg. by just printing it in the 1590XX size and centering the graphics on your enclosure. I had a small problem with my square switch (I ended up drilling 7mm instead of 6), so make sure it fits! I could have just been me not center punching accurately. In my enclosure the open style jacks were no problem to fit next to the PCB - the closed ones were a really tight fit, just make sure to consider the height of the board.
I used Gimp to make the layout, don't be afraid of the billions of helping lines I used to get all the positions in place. I also included a png and a pdf version. Hope it works.
As always: measure first, remeasure, then drill! Best of luck!

Drilling Template
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 27, 2014, 01:35:20 PM
Thanks guys, your comments and feedback are very much appreciated.
@blearyeyes: it's a decal sealed with envirotex epoxy resin

So, Cody asked for my drilling template, so I'll just as well post it here.
ATTENTION: I used a 1590XX enclosure. If you use a different enclosure, make sure that the relative positions of the drill positions stay the same, eg. by just printing it in the 1590XX size and centering the graphics on your enclosure. I had a small problem with my square switch (I ended up drilling 7mm instead of 6), so make sure it fits! I could have just been me not center punching accurately. In my enclosure the open style jacks were no problem to fit next to the PCB - the closed ones were a really tight fit, just make sure to consider the height of the board.
I used Gimp to make the layout, don't be afraid of the billions of helping lines I used to get all the positions in place. I also included a png and a pdf version. Hope it works.
As always: measure first, remeasure, then drill! Best of luck!

Drilling Template

Thanks so much, I don't think I have ever stressed this much on a enclosure. I just hate to waste a enclosure due to a miss drill. I seem to always have problems with using open ended 1/4" jacks that are close to PCBs and switches. Thanks again for sharing it.

Cody

m-Kresol

the template does not include the jacks unfortunately. I just put them were the labels are on the front cover and put them as close to the bottom of the enclosure as possible to make them go over the pcb. since you can rotate the open frame jacks, I think you should be fine.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

So is there one deeper?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

If you think the Doppelganger is a bit hairy to drill, wait till you try out the Rissole. I deliberately overdrilled on that one.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Cortexturizer

Great work at something that I will never attempt to do I guess. Hard work pays dividends. Cheers
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams