News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Making the jump from lurker status

Started by Luke51411, September 02, 2014, 09:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Hello all,
I've been lurking for the last maybe 6 months or so. In that time I've been more active at some of the other forums. I've been posting here a bit more recently. I like the layout of this forum with separate boards for different pcb sellers. It serves as a nice archive for troubleshooting!
I'm a relative noob to the hobby as I've just really dug in since probably this past March. I've probably completed roughly 10-15 effects on various mediums and built up many more that have just never gotten boxed and decorated, though I'm running out of cash for components for new projects so I imagine I will be giving some more circuits a home sometime soon!
I got my start in the hobby by installing new pups in my MIM strat around 5 years ago and then found out about modding pedals. I did a handful of mod kits on boss pedals then built some GGG kits a few years ago and really got into building from scratch this year! But enough about me...

jubal81

Welcome aboard! Building effects is a blast and this forum makes it even more fun because it's friendly, fun and full of 'maker' attitude.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Welcome! I got started by replacing pups in bass also! Like the mafia, it sucks you right in.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

I'll never forget that feeling of putting my guitar back together plugging it in and... IT WORKS!!! same goes for the first pedal I built. Now it seems like the builds I have the most confidence about Don't fire up right away and the builds I'm not so sure of do... Ah well I guess that's how it goes.

TreeSlayer

welcome! you'll wish you came aboard six months ago! :{D

Layton
aka the "TreeSlayer"
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King