News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just introducing myself

Started by drolo, September 02, 2014, 01:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drolo

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, feel free to move it if needed

I just wanted to introduce myself to the people here :-)

My name is David. I am a portuguese expat living in Belgium. I have been doing DIY pedals since the late nineties after seeing a schematic for a BluesBreaker in a German guitar magazine. Having done some electronics during my studies, I realized that building that pedal would probably not be that hard, and it wasnt. And I have never stopped since :-)

I have been previously hanging out on other forums but lately took a liking to this one that I find very active and motivating. Lots of great projects from Brian and other members. Great community initiatives as far as I have seen. I recently finished a Current Lover that I loved (no pun intended, I guess ...). I keep opening it up once in a while just to stare with amazemenet at all the stuff that they were able to cram into this little PCB ....

So after having been a lurker for a while I will hang out around here more often and hope I can also contribute a little :-)

Cortexturizer

welcome dude! been building since the late nineties? WOW, that's like a decade more than I've been doing it personally, so looking forward to learning something from you, cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Leevibe

muddyfox

midwayfair

Hi, Dave!

We have a members' projects section, hopefully you'll post a couple things in there ... especially your harmonic tremolo ...

drolo

Quote from: midwayfair on September 02, 2014, 06:00:26 AM
Hi, Dave!

We have a members' projects section, hopefully you'll post a couple things in there ... especially your harmonic tremolo ...

Since you ask so kindly I might as well do :-)

TGP39

Welcome David. I'm also excited to learn building tips from you. You've found the greatest community on the internet. I've never experienced the sheer willingness to help like I've seen in this community. I'm proud to be a part of this great place. Again, welcome. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

stevie1556

Welcome to the friendliest forum about! Would love to see some of your builds! :)

chordball

Welcome! I agree, I'd love to see more of your builds. That tremolo looks very interesting.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

micromegas

Welcome David!! I have follow your projects at diysb and they are quite cool (I think I mentioned your tap-tempo phaser here once or twice...).

Happy to see you here, I'm sure your knowledge and experience is something we are all going to learn from.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

drolo

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. I already feel at home :-)

selfdestroyer

Welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your trem project as I can't wait to tackle that one at some point. I have been reading your blog for the past hour and you have some great stuff on there. I also really enjoyed the tracks you did for your wifes birthday. Great stuff.

Cody

drolo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 02, 2014, 05:22:53 PM
Welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your trem project as I can't wait to tackle that one at some point. I have been reading your blog for the past hour and you have some great stuff on there. I also really enjoyed the tracks you did for your wifes birthday. Great stuff.

Cody

Thanks for the time you spent there! I'm glad you enjoyed it :-)