News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Finally, some new builds... (one possibly offensive)

Started by juansolo, September 06, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Stellar! You're making it look routine because you are prodigious MoFoSolo.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

The death metal one is so incoherent that you'd have to study the art for awhile to be offended, by which argument it could be self-inflicted. It's probably not going to sell until a photograph of your suicide via shotgun to the head is used as coverart for bootleg recordings, though. (Pers.)

Gilmourish is pretty damn good, though :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

TGP39

Wow Juan. Really really great stuff. I love the Gilmour in a box. What do all those trimmers on the 3pdt toggle do? I've never seen anything like that before. Really brilliant builds. Thank you for sharing. I learn so much just from seeing your builds.  ;D
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

juansolo

Trimmers are pre-sets for the sustain and colour controls. They're pre-set as per this video for the Gdansk/Animals clips. Purely so he can just flip between them. One is a more scooped more Ram's heady sound that the other. Works quite well.

I should also mention the gate. One of the setting is utterly dimed on the sustain and it's a little noisy. Hence I stuck a Decimator on the output of the muff. This is because if you kill a note without it the noise gets amplified and repeated by the boost and delay. With it, perfect silence. Really works beautifully in here.

...and many thanks all *blushes* I worry that I'm so set in my ways that my stuff gets a little routine/boring these days.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Quote from: alanp on September 07, 2014, 05:16:18 AM
The death metal one is so incoherent that you'd have to study the art for awhile to be offended, by which argument it could be self-inflicted. It's probably not going to sell until a photograph of your suicide via shotgun to the head is used as coverart for bootleg recordings, though. (Pers.)

Gilmourish is pretty damn good, though :)

Burzum, one of the most Kvlt Black metal band out there with Dark Throne.... Make à little search and everything you just said makes lot of sense ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Keefe is gonna hate us. Cleggy (marauder) and I have been doing more experimenting with the high output humbucker issue now we've got two Celeste's to back-to-back with and the pair of us here to make the experimentage easier...

The original fix adds too much noise IMO. Currently by reverting to stock and changing R3 to 300k we've had better results. However, for some bizarre reason, we now can't get mine anywhere near it...

This is very odd...

Scruffie

Quote from: juansolo on September 07, 2014, 11:48:12 AM
Keefe is gonna hate us. Cleggy (marauder) and I have been doing more experimenting with the high output humbucker issue now we've got two Celeste's to back-to-back with and the pair of us here to make the experimentage easier...

The original fix adds too much noise IMO. Currently by reverting to stock and changing R3 to 300k we've had better results. However, for some bizarre reason, we now can't get mine anywhere near it...

This is very odd...
Can't get yours anywhere near what exactly?

Fancy moving this over to the Lectric FX Forum?

The best thing to do really for high output pickups would be adding a compander...
Works at Lectric-FX

juansolo

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

As per usual, the craftsmanship of these is staggeringly good. I love how effortlessly you can combine 4 circuits, all the pots and switches, 4 daughter boards, and then just casually toss in a decimator for good measure. And it doesn't approach chaotic.

flanagan0718

TGP39

Quote from: juansolo on September 07, 2014, 06:46:02 AM
Trimmers are pre-sets for the sustain and colour controls. They're pre-set as per this video for the Gdansk/Animals clips. Purely so he can just flip between them. One is a more scooped more Ram's heady sound that the other. Works quite well.

Thank you Juan for that explanation. Another trick to think about. :)
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

ggarms

selfdestroyer

I am so offended... black and white knobs on a red enclosure? thought this was a family forum. lol

I'm not sure how I missed this build initially, they all look great. I love the idea of having the trimmers on the 3PDT switch, simply briliant. My wife was laughing about the LED in the woman's buttcrack lol

Cody

juansolo