Main Menu

What are you GASing for?

Started by angrykoko, September 07, 2014, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

I know I'm late to the dance on this OD but this:
http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_hybrid_fuzz_driver.htm

The gearmandude demo did it for me.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

LaceSensor

I desperately want one of these
I wish Id heard about them when they were released last July Id have bought one :(

Fender Rustic Strat - Seafoam green trans ash nitro satin finish
Annodised pickguard. hnnnnngg

culturejam

I'm surprisingly content at the moment. There's nothing major that I feel like a just *have* to possess at the moment. But give it 20 minutes.  ;D

Okay, I guess I have to put down something I'm interested in, I sure would like to have a Gibson ES-339. I don't have a semi-hollow and have never owned one, although I like playing them, so I would suspect my next guitar purchase will be something with f-holes.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

G.G.

I was GAS-ing for the new Supro's when they were first announced but after seeing more about them I'm not as interested as I was. Kind of glad GAS doesn't last forever . . . .  :D

pickdropper

There are a few guitars on my GAS list, some which are more long-term goals than others.

Gibson ES-335
Gibson R9 (or possibly another R7)
Thinline Tele with Bigsby (and probably TV Jones pickups)
Gretsch Hollowbody (Probably 5422)

The Grestch is probably the most immediately obtainable as they can be had fairly cheap (if you can live with one of the Korean models).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Quote from: LaceSensor on November 17, 2014, 03:59:19 PM
I desperately want one of these
I wish Id heard about them when they were released last July Id have bought one :(

Fender Rustic Strat - Seafoam green trans ash nitro satin finish
Annodised pickguard. hnnnnngg

Whoa. I don't even like Strats, but I'd love to have that.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

raulduke

The Gibson ES-330 has been my latest want.

The GAS is variable from week to week though so god knows what will be next  ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: raulduke on November 17, 2014, 05:50:15 PM
The Gibson ES-330 has been my latest want.

The GAS is variable from week to week though so god knows what will be next  ;D

Time for some Gary Clark Jr action on that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

RIght now I'm GASing for a EHX 8-step sequencer pedal in combination with a EHX Ring Thing after having seen this vid.

stevie1556

Having a full amount of pedals on my board for more then a week, as my mates keep nicking them.

Seriously though, there are several guitars including a 335, partscaster Strat, MIA Tele, all of the Ibanez Jem models, and my dream guitar, ESP horizon NT-II in dark brown. For a amp, currently the little 25W Mesa head.

While searching eBay for Strat bodies I've found an interesting guitar, which I plan to order next month, and it seems to have good reviews despite the stupidly cheap price, currently at £150. Neck through guitar, frets are supposed to be excellent, anything else can be upgraded if need be.....

Cortexturizer

After GASing quite hard for some stuff lately, a majority of which I was able to get in the end actually, I've suddenly stopped and got really sick of almost everything I've bought. Seriously. It might be just a phase (of course it is) but now I am just like - plug that guitar into the amp, crank the preamp tubes and make em sing and just play. I've started playing with my fingers more as opposed to using a pick. I am almost sure that I'm gonna narrow my board down to a wah, phaser, fuzz, and delay. Hm...this is exactly what Jimmie Page's setup has been for a long time if I am not mistaken.

I am GASing slightly for a deluxe memory man from the eighties or late seventies. But it's nothing that I have to have. But in time, it'll come.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Rockhorst

Totally GAS-ing for delay pedals after experimenting with a stereo amp setup this weekend. On the wanted list are a TC Electronic Flashback and/or Alter Ego (toneprint experimentation!) and a Strymon El Capistan (love the bit of reverb you can mix in), probably somewhere in December. This to complement my Replica and Carbon Copy, which aren't going anywhere (seriously: Replica into Carbon Copy at about 320 ms = gorgeous Shine On You Crazy Diamond tone).

RobA

A working water heater! On the fourth day now and it had to break in one of the coldest stretches I can remember. The part that I hope fixes the thing is supposed to arrive today. Now if only the DIY fixit gods are on my side when the part does get here.

More seriously, I have an overwhelming urge to buy a baroque mandolin. Luckily or unluckily, I'm not sure which, I can only find very expensive hand built baroque mandolins available anywhere. Oh well, seems like this one isn't going to happen.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

selfdestroyer

I really want a Strymon Mobius to play with. I do not have anyone around me that has one and the more videos I watch it just makes me want it more. I think it will just meld with my Timeline and BigSky.

Other than that... I need to get some shop tools this year. I think I will wait until Xmas sales to jump on a router and dove tail jig. I keep putting it off and now that winter is here its time for some shop time.

Cody