Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Run KS + 2nd pedal at 18V?

Started by thesameage, September 08, 2014, 06:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Hi,

Situation:
I'm building a multi-pedal—a 3 in 1—that starts off with a Kingslayer 2, followed by a Lamprey (SFT Ampeg type clone), and then a King Tutt (Pharoh Muff clone). I'm using 1776 3dpt breakout boards for all.

Question:
So, the Kingslayer runs at 18v due to a charge pump. How can I get that 18V into my Lamprey? Obviously, I could daisy chain the breakout boards... but my understanding is that if I did that, I'd just be daisy chaining the 9V, not the 18V. I've heard that the Lamprey sounds much better at 18V, so I'd like to run it at that if possible (the King Tutt, too, but not a big deal if that can't happen.

How do I do this?

thanks,
JR

jubal81

You're going to be better off getting a road rage for the Lamprey. The Kingslayer doesn't have a provision for making 18V - it's a split supply.

The 9V line will go to the Road Rage and the 18V out from the Road Rage will go to the power input of the Lamprey.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

thesameage

Thanks, Jubal81. It's funny that you should be the one to reply here as this 3 in 1 is made up entirely of pop'd boards from you. I'll order a road rage, but for now, seeing as I have the box labelled and painted and drilled and everything 85% wired up, I'll just daisy chain the 1776 breakout boards for now.

jubal81

Sounds good. It'll be easy enough to add the Road Rage later on.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

thesameage