News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 were fun, 1 was a "why did I do this to myself?" build

Started by CurlyMo, September 27, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurlyMo

First up is the "Harmonically Percolated Roast" that I did for my brother's birthday. It is done to the "stock" specs and sounds pretty cool...I of course had to test it out at rehearsal before wrapping it up for him, can't have a gift pedal that is a lemon ;). This was my first build doing the "mojo" parts thing and it was fun I think they look cool, so cool that I got too excited and wired the 1776 breakout board upside down.

Next is the "Tres Leches" Lavache. Started with the 2n3565, moved to the 2n5088, and finally settled on a BC550. 2n3565 didn't really jive with me, the 2n5088 sounded tinny, but the BC550 makes it good enough to live in the practice board rotation.

Finally, the beast...eventually to painted and labeled as the Brown Sugar DLX.
1 - Cream & Sugar Boost with mini chicken heads: Rangemaster with a range pot instead of a T/M switch.
2 - Brown Sugar, Jr. with cupcake knobs (2nd switch, 3rd set of knobs...why? Because I'm crazy): Egghead
3 - Brown Sugar with "BOSS" knobs and the top knob (3rd switch, 2nd set of knobs, and the pot and switch next to the jacks...again, crazy): Bacon Bits pushing a Sparkplug Rev. 1. My first Sparkplug Rev. 1 always sounded better when being stacked with a boost in front so I saved myself a little tap dancing.
So yes, I am crazy and I prefer the Egghead in front of the Sparkplug Rev. 1 but I didn't like the look of the the Sparkplug vomit of controls over the 3rd switch...plus since I wasn't using board mounted pots I was going to wire them anyways, so switch 1 with knob set 1 - switch 2 with knob set 3 - switch 3 with knob set 2. Whatever, I'm crazy so without further adieu, the spaghetti monster of frustration!

pickdropper

Very nice builds.  I am sure your brother will dig the Percolator.

On a side note, Tres Leches might just be the best cake ever.  I love how it weighs about 10 lbs for a larger cake.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

Cool stuff, I'm not sure you linked the images properly though. 

"IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/661/7eKrBB.jpg[/IMG"  replace the " with []

btw, love the egghead.  also have a sparkplug to build, thx for reminder
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings