News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moooooodriiiiiiing

Started by ggarms, September 09, 2014, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Had a few firsts with this build. First successful reverse etch, first use of soft touch bypass. First layout done in a program vs by hand. Actually, I just realized this is my first with aluminum knobs too (which I am now completely sold on).  All in all, I am definitely pleased with the result. I should have gone with thicker lines on the design; I lost a bit of detail during the etch and my post-paint sanding took some paint away....but as stated in my prior post i'm still green when it comes to enclosure etching. Ultimately, it ended up looking slightly distressed, which I am definitely ok with. Guts wise, definitely not my best work, but it came out ok. I had fun with the soft touch bypass, and I'm probably going to to have to go soft  :o for the rest of my builds too (thanks Josh). Big thanks to (cody) selfdestroyer for posting the enclosure etching tutorial, and to brian for the design. Between this, the chasm, and both rub a dubs, I think my reverb needs are met. Actually wait, I haven't built a tenebrion yet.....

m-Kresol

that came out great! I like the sparkle black you chose
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Came out great. Love the artwork for this and good choice on the knobs. Love it. I am still waiting for a few caps to finish mine...the wait is killing me. lol

Cody

lincolnic

Accidents or no, this looks really great.

cooder

Looks fab! Great job, great etch, dig it.
I've got a board coming too... excited!
BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

I really like it as well. The reverse etch is the bomb and those knobs are killer. Which reverb do you enjoy the most?
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

bcalla

In spite of your difficulty, the result is an awesome etch.

culturejam

Damn, that's awesome looking!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

First, first, first.... this is a first thing of awesomness!!

(First Moodring's build report besides Madbean's too)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GrindCustoms

Very nice!

Mine is half populated... Can't find the time for personnal stuff lately... ...but i want to play it so much!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/