News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy: sleazy, filthy reapeats

Started by culturejam, May 02, 2011, 05:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I changed R15 to 50K (didn't have 51K). I think that made the distortion worse.  ??? :'(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

Hmm...I know some have reported success with just changing r15 it was worth a try.  I didn't, that's why I tied a resistor after c15 to form a voltage divider instead of just sending some of the signal to ground.  I'm assuming that you recalibrated after the change.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

I put in a 250K pot for R15. Doesn't seem to change the sound so long as resistance is > 0.

I tweaked the Bias all to hell and back. There is a tight sweet spot, but it's dirty all around.

I also tried a TSH221 dual op amp, but it made no difference.

gtr2

That's why I added a resistor after c15, because I didn't have success like others did

I left a pot in for r15 and added a 33k down c15's leg into the pad.  Then I adjusted the r15 pot till I was happy.  I ended up around 51k for a compromise between delay level cut and dirt.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

I put 100K back in, and I swear it sounds better. Can't figure this one out. Oh well.

gtr2

Yeah, I know what you mean.  My ears got tired with this one.  I didn't like just lowering r15.  It was either just really distorted delay or nothing.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtr2

I was looking at the schematic and thinking about what you said earlier about changing r7.  Since it is a gain stage like you mentioned.  I wonder if decreasing r7 and increasing r5 slightly would help with this issue.  While mine is done and over with already, it would be interesting to see if this would work.  I just wonder if something would need done at 1C1B as well to compensate?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer