News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How do I Upload Build Doc to OSHPARK?

Started by murdog47, September 13, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

I would like to start sharing some projects and can't figure out how to add build docs to my projects. Can someone help me out? Thanks!  :)

rullywowr

The way I do it is to upload build doc to Dropbox and link it from OshPark.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

RobA

Quote from: murdog47 on September 13, 2014, 06:00:12 AM
I would like to start sharing some projects and can't figure out how to add build docs to my projects. Can someone help me out? Thanks!  :)
Do you mean upload the file or link to a doc that's hosted somewhere else? I don't think there is a way to have them host the file. To link to the doc, below is an example from one I have up there. The doc is hosted off of my site, but the text at OSHPark just shows "Build doc" as a link.

Example: Build doc is the text that will show up
[Build doc](http://rock.it-frog.com/Downloads/Docs/PNP_GE_Treble_Boost.pdf)

Edit: one thing I found a bit convoluted was how to get to a project I had shared to edit the text to include the build doc link. My method (maybe there's an easier way?) is:
1) Go to my projects page.
2) Click on my name for any project, this brings up my list of shared projects.
3) Click on the "Edit" link for the project for which I want to change the description.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

murdog47

Just want to add a link to the build doc. When I go to "Edit" it only shows the project name and description. How do I add the build Doc link?

RobA

Quote from: murdog47 on September 13, 2014, 04:37:45 PM
Just want to add a link to the build doc. When I go to "Edit" it only shows the project name and description. How do I add the build Doc link?

Put the links in the description. That's the only place I know of that you have. The description can be really long.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

rullywowr

Oshpark Uses markdown language, there is a page linked from oshpark which explains how to put in hyperlinks and embed graphics in the description.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!