News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Incognito (midwayfair bearhug)

Started by wgc, September 14, 2014, 03:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

Hi all

here's an smd version of Jon Patton's (midwayfair) Bearhug that he was kind enough to grant me permission to do.

I've tried a bunch of compressors in the past and never really bonded with them. 

This one, has changed my mind.  Compressors are good.  In fact, it might just be the always on box for me; it sounds fantastic! 

Highly recommend building one of these,1776 is offering pcbs (http://1776effects.com/store/).

Still have to clean the flux off.  I always get lint all over them when I do, and I usually don't see it until after I take pictures and upload them.  Time for bifocals...  :(   Either that or I'm just so excited to be typing.

Also going to fill in the solder on the 3pdt.  Doesn't need it but old habit from the mil spec/med days.  And yes, I'm going to tuck that blue wire a little better too.

Thanks for looking~!

Billy
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chuckbuick

Nice work, Billy.  I dig the graphic and still digging the 3PDT mounted boards.

midwayfair

Awesome! Glad you liked how it sounds. Comps are awesome. :)

GrindCustoms

Very nice!

Still waiting that one of you SMT guys does an all board mounted layout for 1590A... with long leg pcb mounted pots and some of the super compact pcb mounted jacks... i'm sure it would be easy! lol ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

You've got smd nailed by now. (Just like Juan is "The" envirotex guy.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Awesome build all around and smd masterclass! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

A sweet board and a very sweet build. Where did you get those knobs? I really like them.

wgc

Thanks guys!  I sometimes wonder if you're getting sick of seeing my take on things. 

Lee, knobs are from blms, close out.  Not sure he still has any, but worth a shot.  Really nice.

Mark, I love mounting the switch on the pcb, much nicer if you only have a few pots. Unless your circuit doesn't work and you don't want to throw the switch away.  Like 2 of my other layouts I'm troubleshooting tonight only to realize I did some bonehead things.   >:(  Don't export gerber and order at 2am without reviewing first.  This one fired up first thing though.  ;D

Rej, its like you read my mind.  I've got some things cooking.  First I have to update the bonehead things.

Alan, I love smd.  Much easier once you get the hang of it.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

Quote from: wgc on September 14, 2014, 08:39:55 PM
Thanks guys!  I sometimes wonder if you're getting sick of seeing my take on things. 

I think I speak for the entire forum when I say that we'll probably never get sick of seeing your excellent work.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

muddyfox

This is great!
I just don't have it in me yet to tackle those A boxes, smd or otherwise.  ::)

wgc

Quote from: lincolnic on September 14, 2014, 08:57:16 PM
Quote from: wgc on September 14, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

I think I speak for the entire forum when I say that we'll probably never get sick of seeing your excellent work.

That's huge, I deeply appreciate it..!
e.e. cummings

culturejam

That's a really tight build. Well done!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects