News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Scottish Independence: What say ye?

Started by culturejam, September 15, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I really don't understand why the Scottish want independence.  They have their own parliment.  They have their own education system.  Really the day to day for a Scott won't change much.  Seems to me the risks for Scotland far outweigh the benefits.  I spend a lot if time in Ireland and I've spoken with Scott's and Irish in this in pubs.. Great place for a conversation.  Even the Irish tend to say Scottish independence is academic.  The Scott's who want independence are arguing for ideals rather than pragmatism.  The one thing the Irish and Scottish seem to agree on is their hatred for the British.  The Irish are particularly bitter.  It's seems their subjugation by the crown was much harsher.  My view is definitely and outsiders view but that's what I gathered.

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: juansolo on September 17, 2014, 09:28:10 AM
Otherwise, which ever way it goes, good luck to them. You think we like the corrupt fuckwits who govern us? Sadly the English don't get the luxury of being able to divorce ourselves from the UK...

Not much different here in the states, Juan.

marmaliser

They said No.  We in England are now going to have a vote on whether to kick them out or not ....I kid....

raulduke

Well that's that then.

When I went to bed last night at about 11 the BBC had their live coverage on and were already padding out and trying to fill the time (pointless interviews, and pontificating by a variety of pointless panel guests).

God knows how they will have managed to keep going for another 7 hours  ;D

TNblueshawk

Quote from: culturejam on September 18, 2014, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on September 18, 2014, 01:13:31 PM
But as a Southern US'n

The South shall rise again!!!1!!1!!!  ;D

Used to hear that all the time as a kid. Still waiting on said uprising.

Sshhhhhh....don't let the Alabaman's hear you. They still haven't got word the war is over  :P ;D

Ok...just a joke my fellow Alabaman's! I've got loads of Tennessee jokes  :)

Funny, wasn't it somewhere in Colorado, or the whole state?, recently that had a petition going around to secede? Bunch of pot heads  8)
John

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: TNblueshawk on September 19, 2014, 05:23:00 AM
Sshhhhhh....don't let the Alabaman's hear you. They still haven't got word the war is over  :P ;D

THE WAR'S OVER?!?!?!?!? 

Damn, I finally got my second round loaded.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

culturejam

Funny, wasn't it somewhere in Colorado, or the whole state?, recently that had a petition going around to secede?

I would support a state's right to secede. It's the "uprising" that I have trouble with. That sort of implies an armed conflict or some kind of violence.

Oh, how I wish certain states would secede.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Frag Magnet

Quote from: culturejam on September 19, 2014, 06:39:19 AM
Funny, wasn't it somewhere in Colorado, or the whole state?, recently that had a petition going around to secede?

I would support a state's right to secede. It's the "uprising" that I have trouble with. That sort of implies an armed conflict or some kind of violence.

Oh, how I wish certain states would secede.  ;D
Oh, how I wish sometimes I was in one of them...
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

culturejam

Quote from: Frag Magnet on September 20, 2014, 04:00:02 AM
Oh, how I wish sometimes I was in one of them...

Yeah, I guess that's my dilemma as well. Sometimes I'd like to be on the team that's splitting. Depends on who is doing the seceding.

Could be a fun topic for another thread. I think I'll start it now.  :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

According to the Onion, the agreement helped prevent a nasty custody battle over Ian McKellen.   ;D

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ugly-custody-battle-over-ian-mckellen-narrowly-avo,36968/

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper