News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uggo Boxes for Uggo Fuzzies

Started by Morgan, September 16, 2014, 03:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Hey - leggo my uggo!   ;D (I think these boxes have that fugly duckling, only a mother can love thing going on)

Built up a couple fuzzies; an ROG Whisker Biscuit and an Escobedo Jinx fuzz on a capsnsuch pcb!  8) NOS pcb goodness right there!

The finishes are an inspired by Rej, 'destroyed in northern Canada' look with multiple coats of contrasting paint hit violently with a belt sander. I enjoy the weird, random results. We have too much light here in California to properly photograph these; they are much more dark and mysterious than they appear in my awful photographs. And look out - Morgan bought an old school Dymo label maker! Look forward to every pedal I ever build going forward being emblazoned with embossed stick on labels.   :D

In love with both circuits. The WB is muff based and is the first muff variant I can remember not immediately wanting to sell. I'm just not typically a big muff guy. But the suggested ROG tweaks to the tone control are magic and I enjoy this one immensely. And the Jinx fuzz got stuck right to my pedal board -  The bias knob varies it from OD sounding to glitchy, which lets you dial it in to be usable for chords or for just single notes. Can't believe I haven't tried this one before. It's a simple circuit that i highly recommend.  :D

Oh, and Brian's current Fatpants project doc has a killer drilling template for fitting top mounted jacks on a 1590B, for those who care...   ;)

Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

TGP39

These look great Morgan. The outside is beautifully ugly :) and the insides are just beautiful.  Where can I get that Escobedo fuzz pcb?  Great job.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

culturejam

Nice job, Morgan!

Almost forgot I even did that Jinx layout.  ;D

Quote from: TGP39 on September 16, 2014, 08:01:39 PM
Where can I get that Escobedo fuzz pcb?

I'll look around and see if I can find one. If not, I can order some.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TGP39

Quote from: TGP39 on September 16, 2014, 08:01:39 PM
Where can I get that Escobedo fuzz pcb?

I'll look around and see if I can find one. If not, I can order some.
[/quote]

Thanks culturejam.  Mighty nice of you.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Tremster

Droogie

Great boxes (and guts). If James Ellroy made pedals...
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

aeroemi

hoodoo

Can't say i'm a fan of the old dymo label, but i love the rest of these, cool outside, amp neat inside, sweet :)

wgc

Love 'em, does that make me a mother?

Nice wiring!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Morgan

Thanks boys!  :)

Quote from: Droogie on September 17, 2014, 04:13:42 AM
Great boxes (and guts). If James Ellroy made pedals...
Ha ha! I had to look that one up. They certainly are gritty! And the smoke from the nearby wildfire makes the pics look a bit noirish.  ;) 
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

GrindCustoms

Well done Morgan! But you're much more brutal than me... belt sander ain't for the faint of heart! 8)

Digging the Dymo label on these... did a built little time ago, bare enclosure with P-Touch labeling... at first i was thinking of getting an etched plate for it, but i now really dig that labeling..lol.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/