News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Heavy Bell

Started by chuckbuick, September 18, 2014, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Here's a muff done up to MH Iron Bell specs.  SMD, of course.

The board is a multi-muff with part placement corresponding to Juansolo's muff spreadsheet.  Thanks for continuing to update and share that, bud.  I added a Color control and Gain and Volume treble bleed caps a la MH Iron Bell, MP Fire Red type transistor clipping (which are actually more or less diode clippers), spots for through-hole trannies and diodes, and an additional set of Tone pot pads for a standard triangle orientation, 3-pot muff layout.  It uses Alpha 9mm board-mounted pots.

Here's some pics.

Leevibe

Insanely well done on so many levels! I love the way you carried the white of the knobs through to the wiring. I love this build.

wgc

You got me ringing hell's bells....!

Awesome as always Mark!  That is some clean wiring.  Love your 3pdt pcb too
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

This looks sweet! I agree with lee about the white accent you carried throughout. It's even on the boarder of the PCB! Nicely done!!!  8)

Also, is that a 3mm fresnel lense? I've been meaning to order some of those...

cooder

Perfect and beauuuutiful! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

neiloler

That's awesome! Lovely form and method, and insanely clean build! Where would one pickup one of those PCBs?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

chuckbuick

Thanks bro's.  Fun build and I'm digging the Iron Bell circuit.  Goes well with the Epi SG I picked up a couple weeks ago.
Quote from: wgc on September 18, 2014, 08:25:25 PMLove your 3pdt pcb too
Thanks Billy.  Don't know why it took so long for me to finally to do one.
Quote from: Stomptown on September 18, 2014, 08:46:23 PMAlso, is that a 3mm fresnel lense? I've been meaning to order some of those...
Yes it is.  I got them from Mouser. Part# 593-2000C
Quote from: neiloler on September 18, 2014, 10:33:01 PMWhere would one pickup one of those PCBs?
I'm gonna build up the other 2 boards I have and make sure all the features that I didn't use on this build will work.  Once that's all verified I'll share them through OSH Park.  Hopefully I'll get that done in the next week or two.

m-Kresol

This is superb on every level! The extra pads are a great idea and the 3PDT board only has what you really, really need and is super tiny. Thumbs up!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

murdog47

Really really great stuff!

micromegas

Wow, really impressive!

If you ever sold this as a kit I'm in for sure!!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

dan.schumaker

Always such amazing stuff.  I am waiting for you to sell some of those amazing SMD boards :)

jubal81

A lot of really cool stuff going on here. 3/4 pot option, SMD/TH option, provisions for so many versions - and it looks perfectly neat and compact. Muy impressive!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bcalla

Great build, blue & white combo is terrific.

I can't get over these perfectly soldered SMD builds.  I did one and it looks like the work of a 6 year old.  And it didn't work.

midwayfair

Just out of curiosity, does the name come from this?

davent

Jon you had my wife dancing around the living room and wanting to know "Who  is this?"... that's a good thing!

Fun track!

Viewing those insides is very anxiety producing and i'm pretty sure that's a good thing too. Nicely done!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?