News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which US States (or groups of states) could secede and stand alone?

Started by culturejam, September 20, 2014, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Washington and Colorado, the union's first accidental secession. Wha...???
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Shrtyska9

Quote from: lars on September 21, 2014, 05:53:34 AM
Washington and Colorado, the union's first accidental secession. Wha...???

Nah only the first with sensible drug laws. O0

Richard

Richard

playpunk

I am from western ny, and we would be happy to be rid of New York City. I live 30 minutes from southern tier, so that is nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

sonarchotic

I think if all of the states could secede from D.C. we'd be better off for awhile. At least until the new crop of crooks took over the new capitol. Then we secede again. And so on until we are all stuffed into a small area like Rhode Island and the rest of the country is a corrupt cesspool ;D
I'd be all about southern secession if the new country wasn't going to be run by southerners ;D I'm a southerner and love the south but our history of running anything other than a sports team well isn't so great. There's still a little too much 'old south' mentality hanging around the people who actually run things here for them to be trusted with a state much less a country. We've already allowed ourselves to be the third world of the U.S. while still having to obey federal standards. If you throw those out the window we would quickly be the China of North America.

Strategy

Free Cascadia. Oregon/Washington/British Columbia as one independent region - one of the only regions to still be sort of habitable (probably) after acute climate change - if the so called "big one" earthquake we are due for doesn't take us out first.

Strategy

RobA

Quote from: Strategy on September 21, 2014, 05:23:17 PM
Free Cascadia. Oregon/Washington/British Columbia as one independent region - one of the only regions to still be sort of habitable (probably) after acute climate change - if the so called "big one" earthquake we are due for doesn't take us out first.

Strategy
Or your ring of active Volcanos. I loved living in Seattle, but I was always a tiny bit nervous when I'd look up at one of those peaks.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pryde

Gotta represent the Midwest here (yes there actually is some life thriving between the 2 coasts).

We are a resilient people battle-hardened by epidemic morbid obesity, tornados, and uncontrollable Walmart consumerism. You have no idea what we've been through  ;)

derevaun

Quote from: Strategy on September 21, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

I am all for this (especially if the Big One levels the space needle), though we'd immediately have our own East vs West secession crisis.

TNblueshawk

I say Hawaii needs to secede....after I retire there. Then I'm good. The rest of the states and Feds can kiss my ass  8)
John

Haberdasher

the original louisiana before it was split up.  they'd have a bunch of farmland, timber and the mouth of the mississippi.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jball85

I hope Texas secedes, so I finally have a good reason to leave this stank @#$ black hole of a state. Just my opinion.

blearyeyes

There is the East Coast Electrical Grid, which goes up into Canada I think, the West Coast Grid and then there is one state that has their own....TEXAS!  YEEE HAAA!

blearyeyes

Quote from: pryde on September 22, 2014, 03:49:38 AM
Gotta represent the Midwest here (yes there actually is some life thriving between the 2 coasts).

We are a resilient people battle-hardened by epidemic morbid obesity, tornados, and uncontrollable Walmart consumerism. You have no idea what we've been through  ;)

That is some funny stuff..LOL