News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green bean help?

Started by nineknives, September 21, 2014, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Quote from: mgwhit on September 23, 2014, 03:11:03 PM
I feel like I missed something.  Is there an LED and a CLR between your power jack and your 3PDT footswitch?

I think there is we just can't see it in the picture.

Govmnt_Lacky

Ok well a quick check for a short would be to measure resistance between the 2 poles used on the DC jack. If you see something less than ~200 ohms then you have a problem. If not then you need to post voltages on the IC legs and the transistor legs

Also, as said before, get rid of the yellow wire from the output jack sleeve to the stomp switch. Ground loop there.

jball85

This won't fix your problem, but you should invest in a Weller WLC 100 ($40). It should improve your soldering quality 10 fold.

nineknives

We have lift off.  Thank you so much.  Your wisdom is invaluable and I appreciate it so much.  After it's all boxed up I'll post a video.  I believe the culprit was either a cold joint or the tiniest of solder bridges that I found.  I'm so excited.  Y'all helped me finish my first build!

madbean

Thanks everyone for pitching in to solve the problem. I don;t say that enough.

nineknives

As promised, the final build

I wish I could crank it right now but my roommate is gearing down for the night.  Thanks again, forum gurus.

selfdestroyer

Glad you got it going.. now get going on your next build :]

Cody

murdog47

Quote from: nineknives on September 23, 2014, 07:29:19 PM
We have lift off.  Thank you so much.  Your wisdom is invaluable and I appreciate it so much.  After it's all boxed up I'll post a video.  I believe the culprit was either a cold joint or the tiniest of solder bridges that I found.  I'm so excited.  Y'all helped me finish my first build!

Congrats!  :) :) :)

Govmnt_Lacky

Did you end up replacing R1 again -OR- was the resistor in the second picture left on the PCB?

Congrats on getting it working  ;)

nineknives

Lacky, I didn't have to replace anything on the board. I got rid of the ground loop and reflowed some solder in places.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: nineknives on September 24, 2014, 06:50:00 AM
Lucky, I didn't have to replace anything on the board. I got rid of the ground loop and reflowed some solder in places.

Cool.

Still.. I wonder what that resistor value was  ???