News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP 3PDT board

Started by jball85, September 23, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

Has anyone found a PCB 3PDT switch that will work with a 3PDT board from Pedal Parts Plus. I've been through every PCB style footswitch I could find, and have yet to find one that will fit. I even just blew 6 bucks on the CHK switch they carry in hopes that the tabs would fit through the holes of their PCB, they didn't.

mgwhit

You'll probably have better luck asking them.  Seriously.  They've always been responsive to my emails.

I have not used the board, but from the picture it does not look like it was designed for solder lugs.  And, yes, I would have assumed the PCB-mount CHK one you bought would have fit.  Can you tell how off it is?  The pins/lugs on these things are held in place by epoxy, so they're sometimes less than precisely aligned.

Have you tried this one?  It's the only other PCB-mount 3PDT footswitch they sell, but I wouldn't order one until I had talked to them and confirmed, though.  Good luck!

aion

Those pads are tiny... I bet they only work with PC-mount pins, which is pretty strange since PPP doesn't sell PC-mount 3PDTs. These should work:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=985

...as well as the one from BLMS (I'm at work right now so not going to link directly there but let me know if you can't find it) - he only has one PC-mount 3PDT.

Blues Healer

I haven't used PPPs board, but I've used a couple others that didn't fit the switch.

I like the board that smallbear sells - it's small and cheap, but does the job.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=870
"music heals"

jball85

The alpha switch (the other one they sell) and the CHK, which are both PCB mount by the way, do not fit. I've used the Small Bear and it's in my opinion the best, but I've shied away from them because the $5 shipping even on a small order. So I just stay with PPP given the enclosure colors. At this point I'm just going to order one from Mammoth, they fit and have cheap shipping if I want to order a part or two. The pins are at least a millimeter off, and I'm pretty sure they won't fit through the holes even if they're aligned.

flanagan0718

Here are my thoughts. Don't limit yourself to one parts supplier. I tried, it didn't work for me. If it's the board that won't fit the switch then try another board. For instance, Chromesphere (on this forum) has a great web store and his 3pdt boards are great if you plan on jamming it into a 1590a. Grindcustoms has an awesome 3pdt board as well. Guitarpcb has a nice one and it has wiring for I bicolor led, which is always cool. I hear the 1776 boards are great and his optotrons are cool too. There are a TON of choices when it comes to 3pdt daughter boards. You could always look through for the OSH park links for them too. All of these use solder lug switches. I guess I'm just saying don't kill yourself trying to find a specific switch when all these option are there to make like easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanp

I prefer to wire stomp switches myself, the only real reason to go for a 3PDT PCB is to daisychain stuff.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Quote from: alanp on September 24, 2014, 04:37:14 AM
I prefer to wire my stomp switches myself, the only real reason to go for a 3PDT PCB is to daisychain stuff.

Well Alan you are an unusual person in that regard.
I keep putting off finishing 11 projects because of a newly discovered mental issue....
Solderswitchaphobia...

stevie1556

If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you a few boards that work with the solder lug switches.