News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Myth drive (Sunking in a 1590b)

Started by josetxu, May 05, 2011, 03:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josetxu

Hi everyone!

not my first madbean proyect, but the one I show here ;) It's a sunking one. I had to work a lot to fit it in a 1590b but finally it was possible (with even room for a battery). I hope you like it.

I've used 1n34a diodes, but maybe I'll try other ones (I've used sockets) because I think they're a little "soft".

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

Very nice!  It's no easy feat fitting that one in a 1590b!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

stecykmi

very nice, you can tell this is one of those builds that wouldn't fit if the PCB was any larger or the box was even a little bit smaller.

good work.

night-B

josetxu

Thanks everybody, glad you like it!!

jtn191

good job! I'm having a heck of a time with mine...& the fact that you squeezed in the battery too!

willis3405

impressive! what kind of diodes are those?

jkokura

Quote from: josetxu on May 05, 2011, 03:36:00 PM
I've used 1n34a diodes, but maybe I'll try other ones (I've used sockets) because I think they're a little "soft".

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

josetxu

I've used 1n34a. Until 2pm in the gain control It's maybe too clean and past 2pm it's where all the drive it's being, so maybe I'll try other diodes. (well that with a strat and fender vibrochamp, I have yet to try it with more volume and a bigger amp)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job! That is a super tight fit. But I bet you have a great sounding pedal!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tubeman

I was looking at your board pic posted above. Looks good. Was wondering something. When checking out the board layout verses the schatic that Brian has provided in the sunking PDF doc, the schem denotes the clip diodes to be reversed from each other. The board itself depicts they both be arrange with the same polarity (stripes to ground). I wonder which one we are really supposed to do here and if putting both stripes to ground makes an impact!

I first noticed this because this is how your 34a's are hooked up in the pic. Am I correct or am I blind.. hehe

I'm interested in trying this.

jkokura

What you're not noticing is that the connections on the board aren't side to side! You need to have both of the diodes oriented as the layout says, with the stripe downwards, towards the bottom edge of the board. If you look carefully at the documentation, the layout there clearly shows that the connections are being made as they are supposed to be, even though it might seem like the diode is backwards.

The image in this post is correct. If you put your diodes in with the stripes facing the wrong way, that might have been responsible for some the earlier problems you were having with your build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

tubeman

Ahhhhhhhh.... Makes perfect sense!

I have them reversed in there right now, but that must mean they are not reversed at all.

But the tone is so gooooood! I will reluctantly try the right way. I am absolutely lovin' the tone I have on mine at the moment, but this inherently makes more sense. Hmmmm... missed it completely! Thx for the insight. I had never really looked that closely on the board itself!