News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wandering Pots

Started by ggarms, September 28, 2014, 03:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey guys, I've noticed after about a month or so of boxing any particular build, my pots start to get a little loose. Which is odd, considering I'm usually breaking my arms when tightening them into place. Any suggestions? I've heard of locking washers but don't know here to source them? Thanks!

oldhousescott

Govmnt_Lacky

You could always use the alignment pin instead of snapping them off. I personally do not like to use them but I have never had them come loose.

ggarms

Greg do you drill all the way through the case or would a small groove work?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: ggarms on September 28, 2014, 09:40:19 PM
Greg do you drill all the way through the case or would a small groove work?

Depends on the knob you are using. If the knob will cover the small hole then drill straight through

If not.... groove it  ;D

davent

Different builds different approaches, usually go with the inner-toothed lockwasher just out of convenience but sometimes the pot bushing is too short to accomodate the lockwasher/enclosure/flat washer/nut. Those pots and all rotary switches use the nub,  you can get away with not drilling all the way through the enclosure and still engage the nub, the nub will need to be filed down to allow the pot to seat flat but it's a very soft material and takes little effort to shorten.

What tool are you using to tighten the nuts?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Soup39

What about a little loctite?