News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coming up soon - Fall Contest

Started by madbean, October 01, 2014, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Fall Contest is a thing. It will start up soon. It is being sponsored by a person who is offering a terrific first place prize. Other people will also be sponsoring prizes. I do not know the exact date it will start or end, but it will start "soon". "Soon" is the word I use when I do not know something. Basically, the answer to all questions regarding "when will 'x' happen" is "soon...probably". For instance, "when will the sun let out the Big One, thereby throwing the world into a unstoppable chaos of collapsed economies and food shortages?"; Soon, but probably not today. Unlike the Fall Contest, the Big One will have no prizes at the end unless you like cannibalism. In that case, both events are equally good for you. Maybe not for the other guy, though.

Also, it's been quite a while we've had any little swag here. This is also a thing that will be here in a couple of weeks for cheaps.

pickdropper

Is this pick cryogenically treated like the last one or was that not cost effective?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

rullywowr

Quote from: pickdropper on October 01, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
Is this pick cryogenically treated like the last one or was that not cost effective?

F'ing awesome!!!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

Sadly, it proved to be cost prohibitive this time. However, I will place each pick on a part of my body for 15 seconds before shipping.

m-Kresol

Quote from: madbean on October 01, 2014, 11:39:44 AM
However, I will place each pick on a part of my body for 15 seconds before shipping.

Can't decide if that is awesome or creepy :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

Sadly, it proved to be cost prohibitive this time. However, I will place each pick on a part of my body for 15 seconds before shipping.

Great!  It'll be much more fun cloning humans than pedals.
Function f(x)

flanagan0718

Hmmm, these may or may not be good for the "taste test" i do on my guitar pics...

midwayfair

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 01, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
Hmmm, these may or may not be good for the "taste test" i do on my guitar pics...

And thus the canibalism of the first post has come full circle.

irmcdermott

This thread has already given me many laughs, and we're still on page 1.

Govmnt_Lacky

If you need a judge.... I got a little experience on both sides of the fence  ;D

Also, if you need prizes... I might be able to help too!!  :o

jkokura

Thanks Greg, but we're all set.

Everyone is welcome to enter though! Details will be up this week.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Well played.  And gross.  I'm really going to have to remember not to put madbean picks in my mouth, though it can't be worse than that one time I chewed on a mystery pick found in a guitar case from a pawn shop.  I still have a hard time remembering Thursdays from that incident.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 01, 2014, 01:58:00 PM

Well played.  And gross.  I'm really going to have to remember not to put madbean picks in my mouth, though it can't be worse than that one time I chewed on a mystery pick found in a guitar case from a pawn shop.  I still have a hard time remembering Thursdays from that incident.

Not a wise move.

Many years ago, I bought a Martin from a pawn shop.  The case was covered in grateful dead stickers and the inside smelled like a mix of pot and my Grandma's musty basement.  The bridge was cracked and it looked like it was glued back on with fudge.

Needless to say, the picks that came in the case were never put in my mouth.
Function f(x)

GermanCdn

That's all right, I got a Yamaha Ty Tabor that smelled like cat piss.  From eight feet away.  I have a very poor nose, but I walked downstairs, took one whiff after it had been sitting there for an hour, and immediately determined it would never rise above the status of "Garage guitar".
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.