News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite Jfet Overdrive?

Started by PhiloB, October 02, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

I am with Muadzin. The grapevine and the swamprat (plexi) are staples on my rig.

Blues Healer

"music heals"

lincolnic

Quote from: PhiloB on October 03, 2014, 04:57:56 PM
I've been wanting to build the DLS for myself for a while.  My buddy is set on a Fender Amp OD sound.  Seems like the Azabache fits the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might also want to look into the Formula No. 5, which is a Tweed Deluxe sound. Jubal81 did some PCBs for it not long ago, he may still have some. There's also a very nice vero layout over at Tagboard Effects.

lars

My personal experience has not made me a fan of J201-based Jfet overdrives. I've built both the Azabache and the Umble from ROG, and although both had great tube-like overdrive tone, the amount of background solid-state hiss was unacceptable to me. The Grapevine/Dirty Little Secret option people have recommended looks good. The demo I heard of this pedal sounds great, and the build does not use J201s, it uses 2N5457s, which I built a boost from one of these and had no hiss whatsoever.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

gordo

Jon:

Ummm, do we have access to any info on the Snow Drive?  Unless I missed something :-)

This is one of those eagerly anticipated circuits so don't go teasing us mere mortals...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Shrtyska9

Quote from: gordo on October 05, 2014, 03:18:17 AM
Jon:

Ummm, do we have access to any info on the Snow Drive?  Unless I missed something :-)

This is one of those eagerly anticipated circuits so don't go teasing us mere mortals...

The video has most of the info. Brian has the board on the project page with an October date so sometime this month we should be able to order and build. Sounds great. Nice work Jon.

Richard
Richard