News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by ggarms, October 03, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey Guys, thought I would share! This is a 1997 MIJ Squier Supersonic that I recently obtained. I snagged it a few weeks back but never shared, so here it is. I didn't want to post it until I changed the neck pickup (the original was a bit hollow sounding). Anyway, I first came across one of these guitars seeing a band I love (Tera Melos). Their guitar player (who plays with one of the largest boards I have ever seen, and he actually uses them) plays the blue sparkle version of this guitar. The band may not be everyone's cup of tea, however they are worth a view on youtube if only to see this guy dance on his board and create insane sounds. The moment I saw it, I fell in love and knew I had to have one. It has such a cool look and I love the reverse headstock. It certainly wasn't cheap, but the quality is outstanding. The say the quality of the old Squiers that were made in Japan rival that of the american releases. I honestly cannot say I disagree. It plays like a dream (my small hands love this short scale) and sounds amazing. The original set up of the guitar was 2 volume pots and no tone control. When I swapped the neck pup I changed that to master volume/master tone.  Anyways....here it is.

Kinki fuzz

PhiloB

Looks great, looks fun to play!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

That is such a cool hotrod looking guitar! I love the slant humbucker.

GrindCustoms

Trebley lower strings! ;D

Nice grab, digging the style of those.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

I was just looking at one on Reverb on my phone at a traffic signal.. then I get home and see this. Not helping GAS at all. I love how these look. Reminds me of my Ibanez Talman only in reverse like a lefty. I will have to keep my eye  out for one some day.

Added to the long list of "must haves".

Cody

Shrtyska9

That's a sweet axe man. And Tera Melos I haven't heard that name in a while had to listen to a couple tracks to get reacquainted. Definitely some cool stuff.

Richard

Richard

mmlee

Not a big fan of reverse headstock's but I love everything else about the look of this!
>Marcus

LaceSensor

scrolll down here to hear the dude from Tera Melos talk pedals

Nice guitar! I used to wanna buy one but my folks (I was young at the time) wouldnt have it! sparkly reverse guitar was a no-no and they talked me out of it haha

Leevibe

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 04, 2014, 03:04:53 AM
I was just looking at one on Reverb on my phone at a traffic signal.. then I get home and see this. Not helping GAS at all. I love how these look. Reminds me of my Ibanez Talman only in reverse like a lefty. I will have to keep my eye  out for one some day.

Added to the long list of "must haves".

Cody

Talmans are so cool. Does yours have the lipsticks?

culturejam

Whoa. I didn't even know that model existed. Awesome!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

PhiloB

Guitarist from Journey (can't remember his name) pointed out that there is a practical use for reverse headstocks.  It shortens the high E string making it more 'slinky'.  I had never considered that:). Now you Know and Knowing is half the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmlee

Good info, will double check that though. Could just use a slinkier e though :p
>Marcus