News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build report: HM2 v2

Started by the3secondrule, October 04, 2014, 12:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Yeah, I love the HM2.
this build was pretty fun - I challenged myself to layout the board with SIL opamps, and I wanted it to fit in a 125b, as my previous layout was none too pedal board friendly (1590BB, landscape). I'm pretty pleased how it turned out. so much so, that i'm thinking I'll even attempt to paint the enclosure. of course keeping the Black and Orange colour scheme of the original  8)  8)  8)

I've got 2 boards spare, as well as some SIL jrc4558's if anyone wants? PM me...

if there's any interest I could do a group buy too...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

selfdestroyer

Im all over that.. can I get one? Ill PM you.

Cody

alanp

Well, I'm impressed :) Slightly odd layout, but I may be speaking from the experience of multiple Bean muff boards here.

I know what you mean by not being happy with the original layout -- that's why I have new Minimoog VCF boards on the way (it's not like I need another one -- I already have two of the things...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

the3secondrule

Quote from: alanp on October 04, 2014, 02:23:54 AM
Well, I'm impressed :) Slightly odd layout, but I may be speaking from the experience of multiple Bean muff boards here.

I know what you mean by not being happy with the original layout -- that's why I have new Minimoog VCF boards on the way (it's not like I need another one -- I already have two of the things...)

It is slightly odd, but it works well with top-mounted jacks.

I'm not sure if the SIP opamps made it easier or more difficult to layout.
maybe both :D

GrindCustoms

Killer stuff Jer!

I was in for 1 on facebook, still in over here :D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

the3secondrule

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 04, 2014, 02:50:06 AM
Killer stuff Jer!

Pm coming atcha ;)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on October 04, 2014, 02:53:53 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 04, 2014, 02:50:06 AM
Killer stuff Jer!

Pm coming atcha ;)

8)

Can't get enough chainsaw massacre goodness!

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chuckbuick

Nice layout.  I never think to mount pots horizontally.  That could make life way easier in some situations.

juansolo

I'm strangely taken with this circuit, so would be up for a one when/if you do a run.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

the3secondrule

Quote from: juansolo on October 05, 2014, 07:37:49 AM
I'm strangely taken with this circuit, so would be up for a one when/if you do a run.

It'll happen. Still not 100% satisfied with the layout, first order if business is to replace the 2sk30a with 2n5457/j201 etc.
maybe 9mm pots too. (Hey maybe this'll fit in a 1590b...)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on October 05, 2014, 08:00:27 AM
Quote from: juansolo on October 05, 2014, 07:37:49 AM

It'll happen. Still not 100% satisfied with the layout, first order if business is to replace the 2sk30a with 2n5457/j201 etc.
maybe 9mm pots too. (Hey maybe this'll fit in a 1590b...)

Board width still fits in a 1590B? It's just the board getting to low in the enclosure that bums you?

juansolo

1590B is where I live. Board size looks fine, just gotta get the pots underneath the board rather than sticking out the top, then it'll fit fine. No need to go 9mm.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on October 05, 2014, 09:35:07 AM
1590B is where I live. Board size looks fine, just gotta get the pots underneath the board rather than sticking out the top, then it'll fit fine. No need to go 9mm.

That's also what i thought.

Bret608

Always liked this circuit...Adam Franklin from Swervedriver was using them back when I saw them a few times in the mid-to-late '90s. The band Love Battery which may be less well known also had a guitarist using one. A lot of people were using these back before Russian Muffs got easier to find. Yes, I know, not the same thing, but I think the HM-2 filled that niche at the time. Cuts like a knife in a loud band mix, as well.

I'll keep an eye out for if you do another run. Really nice work on the layout!  :)

Kunfuz

Yeah, please do a groupbuy!
I can't find anymore Behringer HM300 pedals to rehouse ;D