News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone in Brooklyn have something to test MN3008s?

Started by lincolnic, October 06, 2014, 08:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Bit of a long shot here, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I know there are at least three of us here in Brooklyn (me, Droogie, thesameage - anyone else?). I just bought some MN3008s from the same eBay seller that everyone else here did, and while I think everyone's received legitimate chips, I've got nothing to test mine in. Do any of you guys have a build I could drop these into to see if they work? I'll buy you a beer or a slice of pizza or something.

If so, we could meet at my studio to check things out. Let me know! Worst case scenario, I'll test them whenever the DBD3 is finally released, and I'll either be happy or I'll be out $25. Not the end of the world.

thesameage

I've got a BYOC delay you can borrow... not sure if that would help.

chordball

The BYOC is 3205 so unfortunately that won't work. I guess you could make an adapter board to switch the power and ground pins if you really wanted to try it.

Droogie

I have an Aqua BoyDX—can't recall if I used 3008 or an alternative. We could always swap the jumpers if it's the latter (assuming the clock chips are compatible, etc). Lemmeno if you want to try it out.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

lincolnic