News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with the Kokbox very dirty

Started by Carlos Barros, January 19, 2011, 06:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos Barros

Hi, i've built the Kokbox and i have problems. When i do palm mute the bass is very dirty and doesn't define sounds like if i had a lot of gain only on bass, very very dirty. Please can someone help me with this??? Thanks!

jkokura

I'm not sure what kind of help you're looking for. It sounds like you're not sure the pedal is one you like, which is different then it not working. Could you take a look at the sticky on how to get tech help and see if you could provide us with better details?

For what it's worth, not every pedal is for everyone.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Carlos Barros

Hi, i've seen a video in youtube and it doesn't sound same, my pedal have a lot of low gain more than the original i've tryed many things and now it sounds better but not like the video i saw in youtube i'll put here the link for you to know the sound.      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzYlij5r2A

Hope you can help me! Thanks!

pandadandan

The video sounds are in the pedal, but remember that the noise gate is responsible for a lot of the "tightness" of the rhythm sounds.

My build has a load of gain available.

Carlos Barros

how can i get the noise gate that is in the original box of metal?

pandadandan

check the Freestompboxes.org thread.  No-one made a layout for the gate, but there is a schematic.  You'll have to do your own.

madbean

I should take a look at the gate function. Let me see how it could be implemented.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on January 21, 2011, 02:20:29 AM
I should take a look at the gate function. Let me see how it could be implemented.

It sounds great without IMO.  A dash of shielded wiring, some good cap choices and I have next to no hiss, even cranked.  The gate DOES allow for the chugga sounds to be a bit more aggressive, though.

Carlos Barros

thank you very much for the tips, if someone in near future find a gate for this please tell me!

lincolnic

I think it would be fun to have the gate onboard, personally.

mishman

conner_jcm900

any chance of the gate control making it to a stand-alone pcb?