News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bugera v55

Started by HailToTheBlues, October 07, 2014, 09:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

I have a friend that has a 333xl. He loves it. I played through it a few time and it isn't a bad amp by any means. Is it kind of tinny?, Yes. Could it have been made a little better?, Yes. That's also why they are affordable. It's not the "best" amp but it sounded good to me. Then again I am a Peavey lover through and through. My thoughts have always been If you play it and like it who cares what name is on it...

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 09, 2014, 06:57:48 AM
My thoughts have always been If you play it and like it who cares what name is on it...

That's how i try to live by as well!

culturejam

I've been tempted a few times by the Bugera clone of the JCM800. Once I was actually ready to pull the trigger, only to discover that *nobody* had them in stock.

I think the stuff they are making now is decent. The biggest problem is the lemon factor. They still ship amps that are totally non-functional out of the box. I think if you get one that really works, it's probably a good amp. But the potential hassle of having to deal with returns (maybe multiple times) makes it less of a bargain.

If you have a place you can go and try them out first, it's a no-brainer.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

garfo

I have one, it's not bad, but don't really think you can get a tweed sound out of it. the dirty channel, with the right pre tubes may sound cool but only with a bit of gain. The strong feature of this amp is the clean channel. Very good to run with pedals. The v22 might be a better choice though.

HailToTheBlues

Quote from: garfo on October 11, 2014, 05:29:24 AM
I have one, it's not bad, but don't really think you can get a tweed sound out of it. the dirty channel, with the right pre tubes may sound cool but only with a bit of gain. The strong feature of this amp is the clean channel. Very good to run with pedals. The v22 might be a better choice though.

Why does v22 might be a better choice? Can you please explain?