News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The inventors of the blue LED have won the Nobel Prize

Started by midwayfair, October 07, 2014, 10:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Pretty sure the boutique guitar pedal industry would not have any LED indicators if they couldn't have those blinding things.

GermanCdn

I use the blues (or the retina burning greens) almost exclusively, and Bon can always tell when I've left pedals on because even though there's no lights on in the basement, it's still well lit enough to see from the main floor.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

cooder

Are there really side-effects on the retina....?!? Why did nobody warn me...?
Yikes, I have to stop glaring at this....
...or at least wear shades 8)?

(I had posted this yonks ago, sorry if I stressed your eyes yet again... ;))
BigNoise Amplification

GermanCdn

That is awesome, but if you're going to use that many LEDs, they have to be flashing, so not only do you go blind, but you also had a seizure.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

lars

There was a time when blue LEDs were an indication of quality, because they were rare and generally only used on high-end equipment; plus they were pleasantly dim. Now it's just a marketing ploy to sell cheap Chinese accessories. The nobel prize should go to the person that decided the blue ones should be 10,000 times brighter than the sun.
I'm sorry, were you trying to drive your car? LOOK at your cell phone charger!!!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Haberdasher

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 07, 2014, 12:53:13 PM
That is awesome, but if you're going to use that many LEDs, they have to be flashing, so not only do you go blind, but you also had a seizure.
but the kicker is that before you're exposed to these blinking lights, you have to snort a tin of curiously strong peppermints  :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GermanCdn

Quote from: Haberdasher on October 07, 2014, 01:56:36 PM
but the kicker is that before you're exposed to these blinking lights, you have to snort a tin of curiously strong peppermints  :D

Believe me, if that had been my worst experience with Altoids, I'd probably still consume them to this day.  But it wasn't, and I don't.

Haberdasher

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 07, 2014, 02:01:17 PM

Believe me, if that had been my worst experience with Altoids, I'd probably still consume them to this day.  But it wasn't, and I don't.
haha, i'm scared to ask.  perhaps it's better to leave itto the imagination.  tho tbh, i can imagine some pretty twisted stuff.  :P
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 07, 2014, 02:01:17 PM

Tell us the rest of this story. Now.

GermanCdn

My then girlfriend (now wife) read an article in Maxim magazine about the conjugal benefits of Altoids.  Being that she tends not to do things half assed, she deduced that a) if one was good, six would be better and b) this would be much better as a surprise rather than consult me on the issue.  One might be good, I have no idea.  Six burn like the fires of hell on my oldest dearest friend.  Spent 42 minutes in the shower trying to end the pain. 

Nuff said.

playpunk

Sweet mother of bj's. Like having mrs. Clause do the deed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

haveyouseenhim

At least her breath was fresh for the first time after doing that.  ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

GrindCustoms

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 07, 2014, 03:23:55 PM
My then girlfriend (now wife) read an article in Maxim magazine about the conjugal benefits of Altoids.  Being that she tends not to do things half assed, she deduced that a) if one was good, six would be better and b) this would be much better as a surprise rather than consult me on the issue.  One might be good, I have no idea.  Six burn like the fires of hell on my oldest dearest friend.  Spent 42 minutes in the shower trying to end the pain. 

Nuff said.

Ice cubes are more appropriate for that freshness purpose. ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/