News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Damn Fuzz and odd-ball volume

Started by Guitarmageddon, October 05, 2014, 07:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

So I was recently was declined by a customer who wanted to a certain boutique fuzz.
Low parts count, no mojo, 2x 10cent transistors etc. Said I'd do it for virtually nothing, but the dudeprefered to spend way too much on "the real thing" :roll:  (which is really actually a colorsound pedal anyway)
Decided to build this, for sale very cheap, less for domestic, if anyone here wants it- primarily to piss him off... yes, I can be shallow. :P
graphic is funny, but possibly offensive... :P best of both worlds in my opinion. was thumbing my nose at the cork sniffers...
Art is St Dennis

Acid etched,
Running BC108 and 109s, all vintage P2P construction. Rips, as this circuit does.
Open to offers, shipping is currently included. PayPal gift please

Also had this interesting request, asked to do a foot-stomper-able vol control so the dude can go from rhythm to solo. Initially I thought, just use your "volume pot man!", but it's true, that can be a bit hit or miss, not to mention the problems with tonal change as the vol gets backed off.
I know there various treble bleed circuits, and believe me I've tried (and use)  many of them, but I've found this little box works really well- gonna have to build one for me now, it's works great with my 'Wreak! 8)

Utilises the classic Stephen's Micro Buffer so there's no "toanzuk-a-ridge" with two passive vol controls in series. Dude wanted a bypass and  status led for the buffer, so, with all the requisite switches it's something of a varsity phone box.

Anyway, that wraps up another day. :)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

juansolo

Ah the Meathead. Never liked it. Built one back in the day when the DAM forum went mental about clones being sold on eBay. Due to the irony overload a bunch of DIYers made clones at that point, a lot of which went on eBay.

What I would say is that the Meathead Deluxe is VERY good. It needs the extra controls to make it usable IMO. For the veroists
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Guitarmageddon

Thax, I'll try that. I've built a couple, used the stock trannys in the first one but never warmed to it, no clean up, This one has BC108 and BC109 and I like it a lot more.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

GammaFlex

I like the graphic on the meathead, curious though, did you wrap the leads of each component around the other and then solder? Or did you just use helping hands and hold them together?

Guitarmageddon

Solder doesn't make a good glue. Wherever possible make a good mechanical connection prior to soldering, so, yes I twist the components together wherever possible.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Guitarmageddon

Rough clip- would sound better with YOU playing it!
Will happilly sell this one too, $99 + actual shipping.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com