News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 in 1 effects loop pedal, ZPDX + ???

Started by Jopn, October 08, 2014, 07:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jopn

Ok,

So my plan was to build a 2 in 1 1590DD that would sit in my effects loop, with a Zero Point DLX running into a reverb.

I've got the Zero Point set up in there, but now I'm starting to question myself on whether I want a reverb in there, or something else.  I've got reverb on my amp and I like it, so the reverb in the pedal would either be a way for me to toggle between reverb/double reverb, or dry amp/pedal reverb.  Don't get me wrong, this sounds good to me, but I'm wondering if there's something else that I should put in there instead.  Trem?  Boost?  Other?  I've got roughly the size of a 1590b left to play with inside my enclosure. 

And yes, I realize this is 100% a personal preference thing, but I'm just looking to riff off of other people's ideas (I'm actually a drummer, so this makes sense!).

Thoughts?  What would you put in there?

kothoma

Jopn

Quote from: kothoma on October 08, 2014, 07:33:49 AM
Chorus?

Hmm, maybe...  I've got a Small Clone clone that I could transplant into there.  I'm a few mm short of being able to squeeze a vero Clone Theory, which would be cooler since I'd have the additional vibrato mode.

I'm also rolling around the idea of a 6 knob Tremulus Lune.

Or maybe something more practical like an EQ to have at the very end of my signal chain.  That could also easily double as a boost.

Or heck, I could just toss a second digital delay after it.  That would be cool.

Sigh... see my problem?  :)

brejna

Maybe two delays is good option, other one could be tap tempo delay for example :)

Jopn

Yeah, I think adding a ZPDD would be cool.  Not enough room for a tap tempo though, which I'm ok with.

juansolo

If like me you like the active filters of the SDX and need it to be more wee to fit in a multi (and don't need the modulation), I've just grafted the Analogue filter onto a DD.

Here it is on vero:

Adding it:

Jumper R22
Omit C21
Connect filter in place of C20 (in goes on the pad connected to the ghost swtich, out goes to the pad that goes to R22 and pin3 of mix).

Run it off the 2nd power and ground pads and stick it to the underside of the board.

Adding it as above also turns path (unfiltered first repeat) off. If you want it with path on, fit C20 and add it in place of R22.

Might be useful. This one is going in the Gilmourizer MkII ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk