News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Chop Shop

Started by muddyfox, October 08, 2014, 01:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

I suppose it was about time I boxed one of my own boards...  ::)
It's my SMD Fairfield Barbershop clone, finally off my desk though it didn't make a dent in the pile of crap still there.

No good reason for posting this as it was rather uneventful. Nothing much to say about the build other than that I finally found the use for some crappy Tayda 1900h's I've had since forever.  ;D That cheap plastic strips like a high school dropout in Vegas.
Luckily, envirotex came out much better than in the pictures.

For anyone interested, I still have a few boards left...

m-Kresol

Nice job! The decal is straight as it gets (I'm having problems with my toner transfer staying straight atm) and the envirotex looks flawless. Very tidy wiring too
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

muddyfox

Thanks F.!

Good call on the label, I always get them crooked enough to trigger my ocd, luckily this one turned out straight as an arrow, through no fault of mine!  ;D
Envirotex looks kinda dull in the pictures but it luckily isn't. There's some dust particles in it (as usual) but having it dry in the kitchen, I guess it can't be helped.

stevie1556

That looks great G! Love the graphics on it, and how the he'll to you get the insides so damn neat?

muddyfox

Well, having my 9/g/i/o made purposefully to align with Josh's 3pdt boards helps tremendously.  ;D
Board mounted pots and jacks placement to fit around said board are the other part of the equation. Nothing left to create a mess, really!

catfud

I aspire to doing pedal guts as neat as that - nice work all round!

wgc

Sweet!  looks great Goran!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

High school drop out in Vegas, thats hilarious, pedal looks great.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Stunning! Love the graphic, love the finish, love the perfect wiring!

muddyfox

Thanks for the kind words, folks!
3pdt boards and cheap fab houses these days really make this neatness thing not hard at all. Now, to finish some of the Keefe's boards that I have in the fire...

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chuckbuick

Nice!
Quote from: muddyfox on October 08, 2014, 01:28:18 PM
That cheap plastic strips like a high school dropout in Vegas.
I support single moms. ;)