News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPN Germanium fuzz face recommendations?

Started by zenless, October 13, 2014, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenless

Anyone have some good recommendations for NPN Fuzz Face circuits without breaking the bank? I have a tough time paying $20+ for a pair.

Thanks!

RobA

Is there a reason you want NPN Ge transistors? It's kinda harder to get NPN than PNP, so if you are trying to save money or reduce costs, that's going to make it harder.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

zenless

Quote from: RobA on October 13, 2014, 07:50:01 PM
Is there a reason you want NPN Ge transistors? It's kinda harder to get NPN than PNP, so if you are trying to save money or reduce costs, that's going to make it harder.

Just the PCB i happened to get my hands on. I suppose I could just use Si in it and build out a PNP later.

RobA

Quote from: zenless on October 13, 2014, 08:03:34 PM
Quote from: RobA on October 13, 2014, 07:50:01 PM

Just the PCB i happened to get my hands on. I suppose I could just use Si in it and build out a PNP later.

Is the PCB invertible, as in just run the power rails reversed and then use PNP transistors and reverse the polarized cap orientation? That can work in some cases.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

nieradka

Russian mp38a, mp35 are both good if you are making enough projects to cover shipping from eastern europe.

Mich P

I would check at Smallbear they have some NPN Ge transistors.
Mich P.