News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where do you print/etch/engrave your artwork?

Started by add4, October 14, 2014, 08:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add4

Ok guys,

So my second child is 6 months old, and i'm getting some free time back. I want to start building again.
Problem is: i'm in a flat, my free time is scarce, i build when the kids sleep.
i can't drill, use loud machines, take hours to put a decal, then varnish (fumes -> no garden), ....
in order to continue building i would like to have my artwork printed/painted/etched/engraved/???? externally.

My ideal solution would be to buy some boxes predrilled with the artwork on.
I also want it to be reasonably priced (i know i'm going to pay for it, but double the price of the pedal is a bit too much ..), and if possible possible to make only one pedal of a kind or a few.

Also i'm in europe so preferably something custom friendly.

what are your suggestions?

i know
- pedalpartsplus : the best offer so far according to what i read, but their prices to send to europe are (very!) high and the customs hit after that. it will be around 40$ for one box... that's a bit high.
- mammoth i hear their powder coat and print are low quality. i don't know about what they charge to send to europe. and i don't know about the customs (but i guess that will be bad too).

Do you have any suggestion?
what kind of company should i look for locally (i asked some but the want 30euros to engrave one box ... )

thanks

stevie1556

Where abouts in Europe are you as I can help you out with both coated boxes and possibly the artwork.

add4

Hi Stevie. I'm in Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

You could get pre-drilled enclosures and do the rubber stamp labeling. There are some members here that have exelent results with rubber stamps and Stazon ink.

Cody

add4

Nice suggestion Selfdestroyer.
i'm looking at the possibilities for custom stamp creation at the moment.. that's a promising idea. definitely meets some one my requirements.

Thanks

If someone else has a good opportunity, i'm still open to suggestions.

:)

mmlee

Keeping with the stamp theme, metal stamps look great too.  There's a guy on diysb who uses them.... Liquitone.....? Maybe....?
>Marcus

mmlee

Oh... And trophy engraving shops can do metal plates which you could screw on your pedals.

I think someone here might have got some plates engraved off etsy recently....
>Marcus

drolo

Sorry for being off topic (although the subject does interest me a lot) but where about in Belgium are you? :-)

add4

I'm in Wavre.

drolo

Cool, we're almost neighbors then, give or take 50 km  ;)

add4

Yay, a fellow musician and DIYer close to me :)

We should definitely arrange a meeting to share about this hobby one day.
Unfortunately my life sounds like working-takingcareofchildren-sleep over and over lately, but it will change soon.

drolo

Quote from: add4 on October 14, 2014, 09:21:46 PM
Unfortunately my life sounds like working-takingcareofchildren-sleep over and over lately, but it will change soon.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my last couple of years ... :-)
Meeting to share some pedal nerdyness definitely sounds like a good plan, let's stay in touch :-)

stevie1556

Quote from: add4 on October 14, 2014, 04:43:43 PM
Hi Stevie. I'm in Belgium

Ah not too far away then! If you're interested, I do powder coated boxes (got loads of different colours), and as soon as I iron out a couple of small bugs with my laser cutter, I can do laser etched labels on boxes. I only ever use the Eddystone boxes which are great quality.

add4

Hey Stevie. I could be interested. Do you drill too ? Or can you powder coat predrilled boxes?

stevie1556

Quote from: add4 on October 15, 2014, 04:41:12 AM
Hey Stevie. I could be interested. Do you drill too ? Or can you powder coat predrilled boxes?

I can powder coat predrilled boxes, that's no problem. I've also just perfected a near genius way to drill boxes very near perfectly (on a test box, 2 holes were 0.5mm out which I needed calipers to check), so I can drill them as well for you if needed.