News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1776 EFFECTS "UNICORN BUFFER"

Started by jlalasvt, October 14, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlalasvt

Hello, PCB'S are finished, holes are drilled. Now I am stuck!

I am not an electrical engineer, The only thing I have done in relation to electrical, is soldering..Therefore I can not read the schematic to finish the wiring.. I was wondering if anyone had pictures or a 3D diagram of the finished unicorn buffer with and without a stomp switch. Also, the pictures I did find online did not show which of the 3 prongs on the input/output jacks was the POWER/GROUND/NEUTRAL ETC. Which one do I solder to for ground?

Thanks guys!

stevie1556

I can't link to it as I'm currently on my phone, but if you goto the projects page, on the top right of the page there is a link called 'standardised wiring diagram' or something similar. I use that for all my builds regardless of where the boards have come from.

With regards to the jack, the really big connection lug is the ground, and off the top of my head I can't tell you which pin is needed for the live. One of the prongs isn't needed if you're not going to be running a battery as well (I choose not to), as when the power plug is inserted it disconnects one of the pins.

Good luck with it, hope it works! :)

jlalasvt

Awesome! Thank you. That will be good for my second build. Unfortunately, My first pedal is without a 3PDT..

Does anyone know of any diagram that runs just 9v power supply, input/output jacks and pcb?

Tremster

The lug from the input jack goes to the "In" of the PCB. Likewise for the outs.
The DC jack is wired as in Madbean's diagram to the 9V and ground pads on the PCB.
And put a ground wire to the jacks as well, either from the DC jack, or from the PCB.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

m-Kresol

Just hook up the input jack to the input of the pcb and the output of the pcb to the output jack.

Depending on if you're using mono or stereo jacks there are two lugs (or three) - sleeve and tip (and ring). the tip is for the signal and the sleeve for ground. The tip lug is normally on the opposite site of the part that makes the contact to your plug. You only need the ring on the stereo jack, if you want to have a battery and a DC input jack.
hope that helps
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials