News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Semi-Local Electronics Supplier

Started by Shrtyska9, October 17, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrtyska9

Unicorn Electronics!!! ;D

The closest major city to me is Binghamton and is like hour and a half away. So we were down there doing some grocery shopping and I needed a couple things (flux and some tweezers).
We were in Lowes and I figure well I will check and see if they have flux for electronics, knowing that it was a shot in the dark, I ask one of the guys working and he brings me over to the plumbing section with the torches and the acid core solder. Well I tell him none of that stuff will work and he say well the only places he can think of that might have electrical flux is Radioshack or Unicorn Electronics. After going on a bit of a tirade about Radioshack I ask the guy how to get to Unicorn. He said it was a street by the mall he can never remember the name of.
So with that wealth of information I looked it up on my phone to find this is the kind of place I have been looking for since I started with electronics. Most of what they have is directed more toward the computer crowd as far as I could tell but they were very kind and helpful. Plus it was nice not having to go to Radioshack and pay more for less. And compared to the last electronics supply place I went to (IEI Electronics) it was orderly and brightly lit.

Now I just need to figure out how to harvest their tears! lol.
Richard

lars

That is a great story! If they happen to have a drawer in the back with a bunch of SAD1024s and FS36999s, I think we'll all be booking a flight to shop there.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Shrtyska9

I'll definitely check into that but I kind of doubt it. I don't think the place has been there that long and everything I saw was brand new. Plus I got there just before closing dot it was grab what I needed and take a quick walk around.

Richard

Richard