News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity Build

Started by irmcdermott, October 20, 2014, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Love these ZenDrives...

Graphic again, PulsarProFX decal.... i made the mistake and forgot to turn down the heat of the oven after I clear coated it. If the temp is too high, the foil will crinkle a little. Since this is a personal build, I'm not worried about it. You probably don't even need clear coat with this system, the graphics from what I understand are pretty durable. I really like the stock AD712 chips in these. I've built them with 4558 before, and just prefer them. Found some on ebay a while back. This was the last one I had.

Guts

cooder

Great build and looks! Tidy!
I also like the AD712 in mine, but maybe I try some experimenting at some point as well. Apparently in the newer production ones (since Lovepedal got involved) they use the NE5532 chip in there. Probably because it's cheaper... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

I've been impressed with your pulsar skills.  If i tried that graphic, the little stars would probably float away from the paper as soon as i submerged it into water!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

Quote from: cooder on October 20, 2014, 11:50:37 AM
Great build and looks! Tidy!
I also like the AD712 in mine, but maybe I try some experimenting at some point as well. Apparently in the newer production ones (since Lovepedal got involved) they use the NE5532 chip in there. Probably because it's cheaper... ;)

Thanks! I'll have to build up another one with the NE5532 chip and compare! See if I can tell the difference.

Quote from: Haberdasher on October 20, 2014, 11:52:01 AM
I've been impressed with your pulsar skills.  If i tried that graphic, the little stars would probably float away from the paper as soon as i submerged it into water!

What I didn't mention was that this took me about 6-7 attempts. I had a hard time getting the foil to adhere to the small text. When it finally did, everything else went fine, and then I goofed and still had my oven at like 350degrees. Oh well. Thanks though!

selfdestroyer

Looks great. This is one of those pedals that never leaves my board also. Great sounding OD. The artwork looks great and its nice to know that white labels can happen not just with silkscreening.

I will have to try the NE5532 also, I have always ever used the AD712 from Mouser for my couple of Serendipity's I have built.

Cody

Rockhorst

My 'secret' chip in TS like circuits is always the LM1458 chip. Highly recommended if you haven't tried it yet.

sirbergersworth

Great build of a awesome pedal.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

brucer

So now I need THIS pedal too! Is this the right IC? http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Analog-Devices/AD712JNZ/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvtNjJQt4UgLalm6EXZly%2fyUkSDRYpZONc%3d  Gorgeous build, decal and guts.  Are you finding the PulsarProFX decal system fairly straightforward (after you've done 1 or 2) or do you think the knob labels will always be an issue?  I'd appreciate your thoughts.  Nice results, but there's that initial investment ... and finding space to hide the laminator in the shop!