News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Sagittary! aka dual sunking w/ ultra switching options!

Started by tubeman, May 10, 2011, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubeman

Ok... I tried to pay hommage to all you 1n34a lovers out there. I plugged in two matched pairs and jammed on them for the last 4-5 days, then put the lm313H's back in and the difference is like nite and day. Gotta stick with the lm313H on this one. Yes, they are pricey, but you'll be happy you bought them!  8)

JeffdaMaori

So where would I get those magic lm313H diodes then?!
Are you offering some as you have  stacks of them as you say and what would be the price?

tubeman

LM313H Inquiries?

I'm not sure how else to do this right now as I am currently in the process of establishing a completely new means of e-commerce, so my paypal and such is not yet set up. The only way I would be able to sell them at the moment would be cash or cashiers checks.

I ended up not having a huge stock like I had thought, but I do have about 150 of them. They all measure exactly the same... all from the same batch and all NOS!

Judging by the mind boggling prices on the web and their utter rarity, I would be willing to sell some of them... 5 bux a piece plus shipping would be good for me. I would really only like to sell about 50 of them total. So, once those are gone, the rest stay with me.

I have two other great metal can diodes as well.
CR100 and CR220, about 50 of each.... NOS as well. Not sure what they go for ATM.

Since these LM313H are considered to be regulator diodes, I wonder how they would serve as the Q3's diode in tonebenders?!!! Hmmmm. I smell another project!

Ang3lus

amazing build man... that bypass switch, is it OD bypass ? just gives you a clean boost ? how did you manage that and the efx loops ?

tubeman

On the original Centaur, the signal is still somewhat "Tainted" and some players like the bypassed sound too. So, incorporated that tone into the toggle OD Bypass. If you omit alll the options on this pedal and just look at the Gain, Tone, Level, OD Bypass of one channel, that is the Sunking in its entirety. The rest is modified switching capabilities. The TRS Loop option is a true bypassed effects loop following each sunking. These are dedicated to each.

Jimihendrix1987

Hi there Tubeman !

Awesome project ! It really looks great ! I have been reading and checking the components you have used, and you talk about some "special" diodes. The lm313H ones  ::)

I really want to hear them working in my Klon, but i'm not able to find them anywhere in the world... You have mention something about selling them, and I'm interested a lot ! I wrote you a private message but I guess you haven't read it yet... Or you haven't received it (because I don't have any written messages in my outbox messages)

How can I deal with you?

Thanks ;)

tubeman

Sorry for the complications with replies. There have been two people inquiring on these diodes through madbean message forum and I did not reply correctly. My apologies again! I just sent replies again, but this time I sent them through the madbean forum messaging service. 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

You have to check a box when sending an outgoing message to have a copy sent to your outbox.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tubeman

Anyone that has tried to contact me regarding these diodes, please pm me again? Also, please check your messages. I think I did it right, but we'll see!  >:(

JakeFuzz

Where do you get those flat "flying saucer" LED bezels? Do they only come in 3mm? Thanks, I've been searching for them but all the 3mm chrome bezels I find don't look that flat or wide.

tubeman

Banzai is a great resource for LED Housings. They have this style for 5mm as well if I recall correctly.

masterlk

Could the folks that purchased the LM313H diodes please post your results/opinions of them? I ended up buying some from Talon Electronics but won't be able to get them in use for a while. I'm sure the community here would be interested if we could improve our Sunkings!

Thanks.

http://www.talonix.com/shop/search.aspx?sortby=name&search=lm313h&sfield=keywords

cjkbug

they ae available from mouser but they are around $11 each!!!I think that includes the led but EEEEEESH!!!! I've been scouring the web forever trying to find some of those in the US at reasonable prices but no luck.
Quote from: JakeFuzz on May 28, 2011, 11:54:12 PM
Where do you get those flat "flying saucer" LED bezels? Do they only come in 3mm? Thanks, I've been searching for them but all the 3mm chrome bezels I find don't look that flat or wide.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

JakeFuzz

Quote from: cjkbug on June 04, 2011, 10:40:17 PM
they ae available from mouser but they are around $11 each!!!I think that includes the led but EEEEEESH!!!! I've been scouring the web forever trying to find some of those in the US at reasonable prices but no luck.
Quote from: JakeFuzz on May 28, 2011, 11:54:12 PM

Yeah I saw those mouser ones, yikes way too much money. I have been pretty satisfied with the SB and PPP inverted 5mm ones but I really would like to get some these style. Shipping from Banzai is a little pricey. Let me know if you come up on anything, ill continue the search as well.