News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Sagittary! aka dual sunking w/ ultra switching options!

Started by tubeman, May 10, 2011, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffdaMaori

Friggin' awesome, simply is as everyone said already, nothing left to add....!!!
Also really interested in those diodes....
:o

josetxu

OMG, what a beautiful thing!!! Great job, awesome!  ;)

raulduke

Jesus Crist Monkey Balls!

This is seriously impressive stuff  :o

gtr2

Well done!  Way to introduce yourself to the forum  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Very impressive, cosmetically and functionally! Great build.

bangerang101

Great job, looks insanely good... I think you need a couple more wires running throught the inside though ;) J/k, awesome job man.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude this is incredible. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all! Any way you can make a sound sample with some of the extra mods you've included?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tubeman

Sound Sample?

this... I have never done. So, at some point maybe I'll get around to making one. Wish me luck on that. I am always afraid of posting something that sound like pure junk, not because of the gear, but because of what the recording is being played through.

Any suggestions on how to do this and have a nice signal? By the way, I have no mixer, but do have a DBX mini-pre that might do the job. Got some good mics too. Why I never use them, I'll never know!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I never said it has to be superb quality!! But I can understand you wanting to do this pedal justice  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tubeman

Lemme try to explain the chain here.

Input - On/Off - I/II - Output

Each Sunking has a toggled bypass which enables the use of its buffer (wired just like a Klon).

Each Sunking is then fed to a 3 prong Switchcraft Jack, used as a TRS Loop (Channel Insert for sound engineers), of which is engage via its own True Bypass Toggle Switch. After that, it comes back to the I/II switch.

The I/II switch has both channels wired in parallel, with the main On/Off feeding the center lugs.

The relay controls the color of the I/II LED indicator and gives you a visual confirmation of which Sunking you are engaging (I=Red, II=Green), and its power leg is wired to the 3rd pole of the I/II 3PDT switch

No magic here... just some very useful switching capabilities.

tubeman

Lemme see if I can get something recorded for you guys in the next couple of days. I can't guarantee anything, but I will try. I need to overcome this demon anywayz!

My Twin is in major need of some preamp tubes. I have tons of them, but need to weed out some qualifying candidates. That project is on the docket for today.

tubeman

Cleaned up some of the wires that I was not comfortable with. After some online investigation, the TL072 is supposedly a better IC than the 4558's, so I put the back in. I think I am glad I did. Sounds a bit warmer. Also, tried the bypassed tone compared to the engaged clean setting with tone at 12 oclock. The sound is exactly the same. I'm so happy with this build. I'm having trouble putting my guitar down. Thanx madbean!

dwstanford

That is the most bad ass pedal I have ever seen.  Id love to hear some clips.

tubeman

Thanks again for the continued compliments.
Its nice to see my idea come to reality. This turned out way, way nicer than I had envisioned it!
This seems to be the case with most of the ideas I come up with for some reason.
Any rate, thx everybody!