News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Mini

Started by Matt, October 27, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Finally finished my zero point mini.  It's late so I'll keep this short and sweet. I absolutely love the ring switch, it reminds me of my old DE7. The circuit overall is everything that I hoped it would be.

The only thing out of the ordinary is that I built a pcb which allows me to kill the feedback when the unit is bypassed. It's basically an optotron which I wanted to use to keep the switching as quiet as possible.  That also allowed me to use the extra pole on the 3pdt to send the feedback to ground. 

Now for the bumps along the way.

1. The drill template shows a different control layout than from what is actually on the pcb. I didn't check that so I have the tone and rate labels reversed. Not a huge deal since I built this for me.
2. The pedal fired up right away and worked great then the next time I plugged it in, no modulation and no delay. Long story short, 3 hours later I learned that I had a bad PT2399

Anyway I really like this pedal especially considering size and features. If you are considering this one, go for it. It's well worth it. 
Matt

Leevibe

Wow. What a beautiful, classy build. I really love your paint scheme! I'm interested in building one of these too. If I do, I hope it comes out this nice.

bcalla

Beautiful!  I agree with Lee on your paint job.  Looks like a tight fit on the in/out jacks.

Matt

Quote from: Leevibe on October 27, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
Wow. What a beautiful, classy build. I really love your paint scheme! I'm interested in building one of these too. If I do, I hope it comes out this nice.
Quote from: bcalla on October 28, 2014, 05:07:01 AM
Beautiful!  I agree with Lee on your paint job.  Looks like a tight fit on the in/out jacks.

You are both very kind, thanks!  Yeah it was a tight fit I had to plan carefully on this one
Matt

muddyfox

Dang!
And I was just gonna go and experiment with powdercoat to get that "Marlboro" look to a box. This kinda burst my bubble a bit...  ::)

Great build, though!

midwayfair

Sweet pedal -- I like your switch idea, too!

Matt

Quote from: muddyfox on October 28, 2014, 07:00:23 AM

Dang!
And I was just gonna go and experiment with powdercoat to get that "Marlboro" look to a box. This kinda burst my bubble a bit...  ::)

Great build, though!
Haha I didn't realize that I had done that! I used to be a smoker and I did in fact smoke Marlboro. I finally stop dreaming about cigarettes and now im building things that look like them.
Quote from: midwayfair on October 28, 2014, 07:03:57 AM
Sweet pedal -- I like your switch idea, too!
Thanks I had the board for a while now. I was just waiting to build a delay to put it in.
Matt

selfdestroyer

Looks great. I love the black and white theme. These little delays pack a punch.

Cody